Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Lighting Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Newbie at Lights, will cheap Chinese lights work?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie at Lights, will cheap Chinese lights work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie at Lights, will cheap Chinese lights work?
    Posted: 18 October 2021 at 9:13am
i think they will be fine :)
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Andylaser Andylaser wrote:

If the lights are being used outdoors, they will need to be bright. What is the LED power and output lumens of the lights in question?

The moving heads are 260W

The smaller spots are 13W I believe

This is for a dj stage, not to light up a band on stage on anything like that. The lights are there for light effect and color.
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 July 2021 at 12:55pm
If the lights are being used outdoors, they will need to be bright. What is the LED power and output lumens of the lights in question?
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2021 at 4:45pm
I live in China.

My friend gave me a contact for a factory in Guangzhou

I told my budget and the seller put together a list of lights for me. However, I just checked what ligths actually cost on sites like Thomann and the prices the Chinese factory gave me on their products are waaaaaaay cheaper. To the point I'm worried it all junk really.

However, my situation is this:

- Outdoor Rave
- I'll only use these lights 1-4 times a year

I want the lights to work and do their thing. However, this is not for heavy duty, I'm not hauling this setup around every weekend.

Yes, I could look into renting here, but we often travel far for these raves so I'll end up pay for days not even using them. I think it's better just buying some. But I will look into the renting thing also.

Can these cheap Chinese lights work? LED Spots are 300rmb, moving headlights 1500rmb... I mean regular prices for these things are x10 on Thomann!

Post Reply Post Reply