Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Advanced Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is this a good Acoustical Chart for 18 Tapped Horn
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this a good Acoustical Chart for 18 Tapped Horn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Apex Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this a good Acoustical Chart for 18 Tapped Horn
    Posted: 04 July 2021 at 7:35am
Is this a good chart for a 18'' tapped horn. Using an RCF G400. I'm now learning about Hornresp and trying to understand the graphs. Thanks for the help in advance

Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2021 at 12:22pm
Hi!

I started my way by using the available plans for Cubo Sub. I was very impressed with the results, with a similar driver as yours also 9mm Xmax. You can find the Cubo Sub hornresp input screen copies online, input those into hornresp and then learn from a readybuilt and tested design.
There are many factors you have to take into consideration when starting with hornresp and simulating speakers.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2021 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Apex Predator Apex Predator wrote:

Is this a good chart for a 18'' tapped horn. Using an RCF G400. I'm now learning about Hornresp and trying to understand the graphs. Thanks for the help in advance

no. Fs of that driver is far too low
Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2021 at 3:53pm
We have been using 18sound 18lw1400 in a cubo sub for years now, it is awesome and its fs ir 31Hz

Here is a graph I did with cubo sub and the RCF , the peaks are only 0,5db higher than the sim with 18sound. Maybe there are other factors?

looks the same as 18sound
 Post Reply Post Reply