Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Other plans
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

martin 115 drawing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: martin 115 drawing
    Posted: 17 August 2021 at 8:44am
Making a CAD file for the 115. I have 2 original boxes. The horn plans drawing doesn't match, quite a way off what I have. Is there 2 versions? I am in no doubt mine are original. 
I am going to stick with the boxes that I have. Just curious. Did Martin change the plan or has someone made it better. Width is 50mm adrift.
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 1:20pm
Hi Dom, they made these over a 20-year period, so possibly the dimensions changed a little over that time, depending who made them for Martin. (the woodwork was out-sourced back then. I know Tony at ASS built them, his would have been to a very high build quality).
Be seeing you.
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 3:15pm
Yes there are two versions.

The later version is around 50mm wider at the back.
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2021 at 10:28pm
Thanks guys. Looks like I have the later one. They were made in London serials are in the 1570 ballpark. Yes Ian put together well. Ply has started to delaminate. That is why I am looking at building new ones. 
If anyone wants the plan when I have finished you are welcome.
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2021 at 9:14am
What I have. Pretty much spot on as regards the boxes that I have. 115 mk2.

doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2021 at 9:16am
The dc cap I fished out today. Strapped and glued into the box. Belt and braces for sure.

jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2021 at 9:47am
Yes, from a time before amplifiers had any protection. Fitting those no doubt saved a few drivers in their day.

Dom...your drawing doesn't show the 'raised throat' for want of a better word on the rear panel...or is that a separate drawing?

Be seeing you.
doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2021 at 12:17pm
I am sure they did Ian. It's one fat cap. Still works all be it al little dry. Holds a charge still.
That is the cnc drawing so just for the rebated top and bottom. The throat is the same as the mk1. If people show interest I can upload even more detail . I think this is somewhat simpler to read than the horn plans one. Just think that it is symmetrical.
I would think that it has a little more horn length than the mk1 doubt it would be audible few cm at most. Rebates are 6mm deep.  one third of the material as it should be. Tony's is the same.
 Post Reply Post Reply