Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WINisd saving driver parameters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigzagwanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WINisd saving driver parameters
    Posted: 13 October 2021 at 1:32pm
Hi 
I've been learning to use WINisd for the last couple of months , version 0.7.0.950
and I don't seem to be able to save edits to driver parameters.
I don't get an error message or anything and it looks like it has saved but the next time I use WINisd the parameters have reverted to the pre edit figures.
Am I likely to be doing somthing wrong or is this a software bug ?

studio45 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studio45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 2:32pm
Do you mean when you edit the parameters from your project window? Those changes aren't saved to the database, it's not a bug it's just the way it works. 
If you want to save new or different parameters for a driver, you have to choose "new driver" and make a new entry into the database. If your driver is already in the database, just give it a name like "xxxx V2" so you know which model is which. However, you may run into problems if WinISD's parameter checking routine doesn't think your driver is real ;)
Studio45 - Repairs & Building Commotion Soundsystem -Mobile PA
zigzagwanderer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigzagwanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 3:43pm
Ok that makes sense, thank you 
Yes I was trying to do it from the project window 

DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 8:54pm
Rather than create a whole new driver record, you can edit the database driver records by using the "Driver Database" button and then loading the model you want to edit.
As Studio45 says, you do have to do it this way rather than in a project, as those changes would only be saved within that specific project.
zigzagwanderer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zigzagwanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2021 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by DMorison DMorison wrote:

Rather than create a whole new driver record, you can edit the database driver records by using the "Driver Database" button and then loading the model you want to edit.
As Studio45 says, you do have to do it this way rather than in a project, as those changes would only be saved within that specific project.

Ahh yes of course 
Seems obvious now 
thanks 
 Post Reply Post Reply