Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Behringer nx600d No power.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Author 502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2021 at 4:11pm
Anyone selling a decent crest for me then? 😁
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 3:19am
Everyone is afraid to sell their good old school amps since these lightweight Censored came out. LOL
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Author 502 Author 502 wrote:

We have had lots of heavyweights over the years, still got some CAs, however are they still the best, no, they are all old with old drying caps, old cracking soldering etc, they still deliver but for how long, we have tested many lightweight class d amps and some are very very good, we have Imported a lot of CVR class d 1 u amps and tested them to well beyond sensible levels with no problems or failures, our 28hz horns perform perfectly using them, not one complaint from anyone our customers, this constant bashing of modern lightweight amps on here by people who should  no better is a joke, just because you are used to or prefer old iron does  ot mean they are better.

Edited by concept-10 - 16 October 2021 at 7:04am
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 8:07am
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

We have had lots of heavyweights over the years, still got some CAs, however are they still the best, no, they are all old with old drying caps, old cracking soldering etc, they still deliver but for how long, we have tested many lightweight class d amps and some are very very good, we have Imported a lot of CVR class d 1 u amps and tested them to well beyond sensible levels with no problems or failures, our 28hz horns perform perfectly using them, not one complaint from anyone our customers, this constant bashing of modern lightweight amps on here by people who should  no better is a joke, just because you are used to or prefer old iron does  ot mean they are better.

No, no doubt that there are literally millions of these amps now pumping it out every day without (too many) problems - but I do question if they will actually last as long as the old heavyweights, especially those made to a budget! I still have/use amps I made with Maplin MOSFET modules. That's what I call value for money!   LOL

Also, most lightweights aren't made to be easily repaired. Just chucked when they go wrong.   Dead

Swapping out a few caps and repairing a few solder joints is simple compared to tracking down a problem on a double-sided board filled with SMD´s. Also, try get circuit diagragms for them, especially the Behringer stuff. Almost impossible.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Author 502 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Author 502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 8:32am
Even trying to contact behringer direct is a nightmare. I had to sign up to some community and get a ticket. Why does it have to be complicated??
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 10:02am
With Behringer, you unfortunately, get what you pay for!

From what I've heard, even the official distributors and service engineers have problems with them.  Ouch

Edited by Earplug - 16 October 2021 at 10:03am
Earplugs Are For Wimps!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Author 502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 10:15am
They are a joke. 
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 3:04pm

NO they are NOT a joke.... WTF do you expect for £350?

If you had bothered to register the amp with Behringer when you purchased it, it would still be covered under warranty… you didn’t, your loss …. Show me another amp that can do 1.8K RMS @ 4ohms a side for that kind of money?

To get the same kind of power you would need two Crest CA6 (or similar) each running in bridge mode, however, they are now about 25 years old and would set you back about £200 - £350each (depending on cosmetic condition), for that you’ll get amps with unknown history that have NO warranty, probably needs re-caping and is probably being outed because it has been giveing someone else issues.

I still own a couple of old Quest amps from the CA era, one has now started going into protect when its cold, the other has developed an intermittent fault where the audio just cuts out on one channel…. they are no longer reliable despite being re-capped, having all the solder joints re-flowed etc, and a rack of them is heavy as hell and I’m not getting any younger. I can repair them (when I get time) but how long will they last before they start playing up again? They will get repaired and sold-on at some point so they will no-longer be my problem!!

My main PA rack is mainly QSC PLX2s, these are now 12+ years old and cost me over £1300 each when new, they have been 100% reliable, however I’m thinking of changing them as they are getting to that age!!

BTW: I also have 3 Behringer NU3000DSPs that I use for very small events (I run them one per side plus a spare), I’ve had them for about 5 years and other than a dirty XLR socket they have also been 100%. They are cheap and have paid for themselves many times over…. Good value? HELL YES… They owe me nothing and when they break I’ll bin them!!

Edit: I have just checked and the Behringer NU3000DSPs are older than I thought, I purchased them form Amazon in December 2014 at a cost of £514.20 for the three amps (£171.40 each).... so they are almost 7 years old.

Edited by APW - 16 October 2021 at 7:13pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Author 502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 7:13pm
Behringer are a joke. They didn't want to know. Doesn't matter whether you pay £100 or £5000. You don't expect a supposedly known brand to give up on you after a handful of gigs. It's going in the bin and I wouldn't take a chance on them again whilst doing live events. Dogshit
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 8:25pm
u can have mine wen i get a new one its got high miles on the clock but 1 owner with full service history LOL
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Author 502 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2021 at 8:37pm
😂😂😂
Sonic the hedge View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic the hedge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2021 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

No, no doubt that there are literally millions of these amps now pumping it out every day without (too many) problems - but I do question if they will actually last as long as the old heavyweights, especially those made to a budget! I still have/use amps I made with Maplin MOSFET modules. That's what I call value for money!   LOL

Also, most lightweights aren't made to be easily repaired. Just chucked when they go wrong.   Dead

Swapping out a few caps and repairing a few solder joints is simple compared to tracking down a problem on a double-sided board filled with SMD´s. Also, try get circuit diagragms for them, especially the Behringer stuff. Almost impossible.

Agreed, I think it's just a question of individual priorities and abilities, different strokes and all that.

It would be nice if everyone could just agree to disagree on this because there is merit to both sides of the debate! Smile

Edited by Sonic the hedge - 17 October 2021 at 2:43pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>