Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TANNOY IQ10

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TANNOY IQ10
    Posted: 07 November 2021 at 1:40pm
Yes, Tannoy IQ 10. Rare as hen's teeth, I understand, but, are they actually desirable or sought after?

I happen to have FOUR of them, not just the skeletal structures, but in the optional extra Tannoy wooden cabinets.

I can find absolutely no information, whatever (Except for an American site that wanted payment for prices of international sales) of any having been sold recently.

Can anyone help with any information, please, or give me any idea of what they might be worth, should I decide to sell them?

Edited by funkyparrot - 07 November 2021 at 2:27pm
jazomir View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazomir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 2:20pm
Here are some bits and pieces about the IQ10 family circa 2006. Hope these are of use.

Edited by jazomir - 07 November 2021 at 2:20pm
For sidefills, can we have two enormous things of a type that might be venerated as Gods by the inhabitants of Easter Island, capable of reaching volumes that would make Beelzebub soil his pants.
funkyparrot View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 2:25pm
Thanks, Jazomir, I've got the spec leaflets, but I haven't got those.
Pinyorouk View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinyorouk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2021 at 6:09pm
Lovely speakers. Wouldn't mind buying them if the price was right. 

Edited by Pinyorouk - 07 November 2021 at 6:17pm
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 10:21am
The big question is, "What is the right price"? I'm considering putting them on ebay, but I don't have a clue where to start. With most things, if you carry out advanced search, completed listings will come up with trending prices. I was hoping someone might know of a reasonably recent transaction. 
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 11:00am
https://reverb.com/item/42887547-tannoy-iq-10-pc

Some here in Romania for a hair over a bag of sand per box. I think they’re the powered version though.

They are relatively sought after in certain circles. I know a fella in the states with a bunch who hoovers them up out of installs.

Edited by toastyghost - 08 November 2021 at 11:01am
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkyparrot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 11:05am
That's definitely a little bit more than I was expecting. Mine are in better condition, too.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 11:34am
Originally posted by funkyparrot funkyparrot wrote:

That's definitely a little bit more than I was expecting. Mine are in better condition, too.

Remember to factor in that those appear to have a two-channel amplifier module on each box. I’d presume it’s a BSS unit, since that’s what was strapped to other powered Turbo/F1 stuff of that era.

Personally, I'd think that you'd be best asking for £750-800 per box. Floodlight goes for that - more drivers, but older - and I think that's cheap. A coaxial F1 box solves a lot of problems, and it's something they've recently revisited with the Evo X. You shouldn't struggle for buyers.
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 3:30pm
Nice stack.
Added kudos for having a phone box in your garden.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 6:26pm

The big question is, "What is the right price"? I'm considering putting them on ebay, but I don't have a clue where to start. With most things, if you carry out advanced search, completed listings will come up with trending prices. I was hoping someone might know of a reasonably recent transaction. 

Whatever you do, do not sell using an "auction" style listing on ebay. You will only end up selling the speakers for less than you hoped for.

Personally I would set a "buy it now" at a good price, maybe a bit more than you think they are worth. Be prepared to wait a while for your advert to be seen by lots of people, say 2 or 3 weeks.

Your advert will definitely generate a lot of interest, and the speakers will sell for a good price if you do your planning. Make a lot of the Funktion One connection as this will tempt potential buyers.

"Pick up only" will kill the price, but has the advantage of you being able to show the buyer that everything works and that they are happy. Cash on collection is obviously prefered.

Be prepared to load-strap the speakers to pallets, and cover them with pallet wrap. Having them ready for pick-up in this way (or at least be ready to do this if a buyer requests it) and mentioning it in your advert, will open your sale up to a much wider audience, and you will get a much better price. But you need to check out the insurance situation.

Be aware of buyers rights if they pay with paypal.

Your total ebay seller fees if the buyer pays with paypal could be as much as 15% of the total sale price. Have a look at how clever traders that sell a lot on ebay get round this, especially on expensive items.

If you have never sold on ebay before then consider using a friends account who has got lots of good feedback. Many people will be suspicious of somebody selling such expensive speakers on an ebay account with no feedback.

Get your advert ready to go by the end of November at the very lastest. Potential buyers will be think of using them for christmas / new years eve events etc. You will not get a good price if you sell in January or February.

Be careful being a seller on ebay. In the event of problems ebay will nearly always side with the buyer.

If this all seems like to much hassle then something like facebook marketplace may work for you, or maybe somebody on here!

concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 7:00pm
Join all the Facebook rig selling pages, put them on there for your desired price, it will cost you nothing, personally I never sell on Ebay anymore as it never goes as planned and costs you a fortune.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2021 at 7:21pm

Yes, Tannoy IQ 10. Rare as hen's teeth, I understand, but, are they actually desirable or sought after?

I happen to have FOUR of them, not just the skeletal structures, but in the optional extra Tannoy wooden cabinets.

I can find absolutely no information, whatever (Except for an American site that wanted payment for prices of international sales) of any having been sold recently.

Can anyone help with any information, please, or give me any idea of what they might be worth, should I decide to sell them?

nice Big smile

feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>