Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

meyer sound ds-2p

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: meyer sound ds-2p
    Posted: 24 November 2021 at 9:24pm
Anybody any hands-on experience with these? 
Looking at a few of them in an auction. seem to be a part of an MSL6/650 system but these two seems to get a lot more love and so biddings. in essence a meyer take on an F1 F215 

as we (the netherlands) are moving into a lockdown again these could be a nice distraction getting them to fit into my existing rig.. which will be challenging to say the least ;) 

csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 9:53am
I used them many years ago along with 650p’s and MSL3’s and 4’s

Used correctly they will knock your teeth out…but always a fine line between a punchy kick and too much boom but a block of 6-12 each side often made me smile
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 1:44pm
Why do i always have a knack for things that can sparkle but tend to misbehave :) 
alas.. it's an auction with fixed reserve.. won't come near it i assume .. 
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 3:15pm
Personally I don't think that trapezoidal bass bins are a great idea.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 4:01pm
They were designed to be used within a point source cluster, flown with MSL systems. If they had been rectangular this would not have worked.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 7:54pm
The stack for sale is 3 msl6/6 ds-2p/8 650-p a side. Would be quite a rig back in its days. And still would be able to kick ass. And guaranteed to give you a bad back and knees.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 10:04pm
My main concern would be the reliability of the amp modules, they were never bombproof and are likely around 25 years old now
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

My main concern would be the reliability of the amp modules, they were never bombproof and are likely around 25 years old now

I think that’s taken care of, if it’s the auction I’m thinking of - I’ve seen one listed with an external processing unit and rack of Crest amps.

Might lose the benefit of the good 'TruPower' limiter, that way.
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 10:21pm
I think that is a different sale, the one i am aware of is full of a lot of very old skool kit, but condition is generally very good. 
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2021 at 11:01pm
The one im talking is in belgium, closure of a studio complex which was huge in the early to mid-90’s. Also for sale: celco lighting controllers and clay paky GS2’s and looooooaaads of pars, that era :)
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 8:45am
For me it would come down to the pricing. If to much, I would go building instead due to the coming lockdown Wink
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 10:49am
Shame its not in the UK, several lots like the concept smoke machines would be of interest, but too much hastle at the moment 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>