Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

meyer sound ds-2p

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 11:37am
Originally posted by smitske96 smitske96 wrote:

For me it would come down to the pricing. If to much, I would go building instead due to the coming lockdown Wink

The ones I saw were asking for about £650 a box if you took four at a time. That's pretty hard to beat going DIY. The price of a pair of good drivers will eat up most of that, and the size of these things means you're looking at a good few sheets of ply per box for an equivalent volume.

As ever, it depends on what you want. Quick and easy bang for the buck with something tried and tested, or a project for a specific goal.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 1:14pm
@toasty

Correct, but that's not as much fun Tongue
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 5:18pm
€360 a box plus fees= €509 msl6

€400 a pair for the ds2p +fees

Edited by woody2 - 26 November 2021 at 5:32pm
bass*en*mass View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bass*en*mass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2021 at 6:00pm
..the Amp Modules WILL fail, sooner or later..
(they are 20+ years old.. could still be repaired though, imo not worth the costs and trouble)

The Drivers WILL fail, sooner or later, all of these old meyer ones are quite flimsy compared to modern units! (some of them seem to be ferrofluid cooled, which asks for trouble after 20 years)

The cabs are well built though imo, no mechanical issues i am aware of after all these years, if the asking price justifies the built quality/costs of similar cabs made these days they are indeed worth it - if you are prepared for a suitable driver upgrade and external dsp/amping, imho..

(we have serviced and partially upgraded 650p/ds2p/upa1p/msl4s a lot "recently" for a local install)

doller View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 9:45am
I have a MSL5 . The build quality is just fantastic. FRP work flawless. Brick s...t house I doubt that it will ever fail. Gross weight 227kgs. You will need a crane. The 2 inch are jbl 2450's ferrofluid cooled as stated and the twelves are also jbl oem. Also ferrofluid. Don't seem so flimsy but a modern driver maybe better. I just bought it for the 2450's. 
It is as silly as it gets loud wise before Danley. Painfull up close. Mine cost a tenner. 10 English pounds to the none brits.
Sound is a tad harsh but it was ment to be flown 20mtrs above the audience.
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2021 at 12:45pm
Thats it.. the tenner.. a few years ago you could find a speaker in a shed and nobody knew what it was but it was old and worn and heavy so take it home for a few quid. Bought myself quite some Stage Accompany that way, and sold it online. With auctions everywhere this became quite a bit less frequent. :(
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12