FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fane scoop settings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fane scoop settings
    Posted: 05 December 2021 at 9:31am
Are they the old 15” versions? If so use the settings for jbl 4530. I use a highpass of 45, they don’t do much below it using beyma 15g400 (well, one of its ancestors) in it.

Edited by Bams - 05 December 2021 at 9:32am
Teadub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2021 at 1:59am
Thanks for the nod Aurora, that's about where I was thinking of starting. Pretty sure these are Fane's own scoop cabs from back in the day, similar to those mykey posted a while back but I'll start around there. My biggest concern is picking a safe hpf to not fry pals drivers while still making the most of them.. 
Aurora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aurora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2021 at 1:24am
High pass around 35hz and low pass at 90hz is what I use on my fane xb loaded superscoopers.
Teadub View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teadub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2021 at 12:44am
Alright folks,  myself and a pal are planning a link up in the next month or so and I'm looking for some settings to get started with 4 old fane scoops. Could anybody point me towards some x-over points and anything I should know to get started? They'll be getting crossed into es18s. I'm not too sure which drivers are in them yet but may get a chance to pull them out and check. Anyway, pointers much appreciated, cheers Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply