Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > New Projects Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

W sub bin 4818

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2022 at 9:51pm
Well, those should keep up with your tops! Not sure how low they will drop, but with careful limiting they should do the job. Four each side as a stereo stack should work. Mono stack of 8 would probably be better, if you can get your tops otherwise high enough. 
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2022 at 12:55am
I can not even count the number of Shows I did with the Keele W-Bin design...Then I read here They have no Sub....Well all I can say is These were tuned at 35 Hz and had POUNDING BASS....POUNDING BASS.......So If Yours did not respond like that maybe Your Build Job was sub par...You had out of phase wiring...Your Low Cut Filter was on for the Bass Guitar or Kick Drum.....or You have NEVER USED THESE.....I have never Heard the Marco 4818 on the French Plans site...The Throat looks diff compared to the Keele W-Bin...Used 8 for larger Clubs and 4 for small jobs...6 dual horn loaded 12 for mids...6 JBL 2450 for highs..................VECTORSONICS
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2022 at 7:33pm
Hey Vectorsonics,
Thanks for the insight, interesting!
Maybe you could also chime in with a comment on those cerwin vega LE36's that the op has been offered (8 pieces)?

Edited by bob4 - 02 June 2022 at 7:34pm
Highfimike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highfimike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2022 at 7:59pm
Agreed bob4
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2022 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Highfimike Highfimike wrote:

Agreed bob4

No news? Did you buy the L36?

On a wbin related note, I recently tested a stack of four jumbo 2x15" wbins, pure flh without reflex tuning (yes, the official designation of the box is "jumbo")

On a crappy generator, in a storage hall, 8 x beyma 15g400 ( i think.....not 100% sure Embarrassed) it was impressive! Reference track of course "Judgement Dub" by a certain Rog M. Big smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123