Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Admark/Morin Amps

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Admark/Morin Amps
    Posted: 10 January 2022 at 9:41pm

Anyone have any experience with these?

https://www.admarksound.com/power-amplifier/class-d-power-amplifier/ad42-class-d-rack-power-amplifier-2-channel.html

Morin doesn't seem to have a website but you can find it on Alibaba.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/MORIN-K30-Power-Amplifier-Class-D_1600132554736.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.18463ecbQYocA0

Due to circumstances I may not be able to get my Powersoft amps repaired, new is out of the question because of these same circumstances. If I wish to retain that "sound" I may be forced to look at Chinese clones, hence the above. I am not interested in other company clones, if anyone has these please do share your experiences. I am looking to understand if they sound the same as the original Powersofts and if they are 2 ohm stable.

I have read the thread by Elliot, thanks for the info Elliot!

Thanks.

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2022 at 10:31am
I bought a Morin K420 a few months ago. Build quality looks very good. Haven't gigged it yet as don't have suitable flight case and been trying similar cvr dsp-2004 amp with dsp (which I can't get working at the moment). If anyone wants to bench test them or A/B against a powersoft or other known amp then I would be willing to drive and meet up somewhere.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2022 at 7:53am
Whats the price of that AD mark amp?
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2022 at 9:42am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Whats the price of that AD mark amp?

I am always curious about that. Most of the times I find that the pricing is that high, you can get some good secondhand Powersoft amps (with DSP etc) for that money. 
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2022 at 10:31am
I think you can get that two channel amp for less than £700 including shipping and import tax. 

Edited by snowflake - 12 January 2022 at 10:32am
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2022 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by D_S D_S wrote:

https://www.admarksound.com/power-amplifier/class-d-power-amplifier/ad42-class-d-rack-power-amplifier-2-channel.html

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/MORIN-K30-Power-Amplifier-Class-D_1600132554736.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.18463ecbQYocA0

Due to circumstances I may not be able to get my Powersoft amps repaired, new is out of the question because of these same circumstances. If I wish to retain that "sound" I may be forced to look at Chinese clones, hence the above. I am not interested in other company clones, if anyone has these please do share your experiences. I am looking to understand if they sound the same as the original Powersofts and if they are 2 ohm stable.

Thanks.

Thing to take into account is if these amps need repairing it will be difficult. I have a CVR d3002 that is a good amp for me and people say the admarks and morin are better than that so performance will not be an issue (I’d still try to stay out of 2ohm bass as much as possible). Just having no local support is a big downfall and that’s reflected in the price IMO
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2022 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Esc4pe Esc4pe wrote:

Thanks.

Thing to take into account is if these amps need repairing it will be difficult. I have a CVR d3002 that is a good amp for me and people say the admarks and morin are better than that so performance will not be an issue (I’d still try to stay out of 2ohm bass as much as possible). Just having no local support is a big downfall and that’s reflected in the price IMO

the output channels and power supply are all on separate boards. if something blows at this price it is probably cheaper to just put a new board in than pay someone £50+ an hour to find and repair a fault.

they look like they have been put together with good precision and quality control. so unless there is an under-rated component somewhere or the protection circuitry is inadequate they might turn out to be quite reliable. I don't see many complaints about failures being posted online yet. If you are confident in the quality of your product and that there will be few returns then you can afford to sell it cheap - guess we will know for sure in a few years time...

Edited by snowflake - 12 January 2022 at 1:47pm
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2022 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

Originally posted by Esc4pe Esc4pe wrote:

Thanks.

the output channels and power supply are all on separate boards. if something blows at this price it is probably cheaper to just put a new board in than pay someone £50+ an hour to find and repair a fault.

they look like they have been put together with good precision and quality control. so unless there is an under-rated component somewhere or the protection circuitry is inadequate they might turn out to be quite reliable. I don't see many complaints about failures being posted online yet. If you are confident in the quality of your product and that there will be few returns then you can afford to sell it cheap - guess we will know for sure in a few years time...

Yeah sorry if you or someone around you has the capability to fix then yeah that works! But personally if something was to go wrong with a relatively new amp for me it would unfortunately have to get sent back to manufacture to fix so when that’s in China it’s a hurdle forrsure! Everyone I know with these somewhat recent 1u Chinese amps has yet to encounter any problems (even on ‘underpower’ gennys) which is promising! Not many people seem to sing and dance on forums when these amps do well for them only when something goes wrong, i bit the bullet and don’t regret it so far Smile
D_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2022 at 7:42pm
The Admark AD42 costs 780 US$.

Edited by D_S - 12 January 2022 at 7:43pm
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 5:24am
What are the Powersoft amplifiers you have and what's the exact faults with them ?
D_S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by simonp1100 simonp1100 wrote:

What are the Powersoft amplifiers you have and what's the exact faults with them ?

I have 3, 1 K10 and 2 K20. One of the K20s has a fault, when I tried to get it repaired there were issues with the service center. Powersoft graciously offered me a new one at a heavily discounted price. Now my K10 has fan noise issues, I sent it in for just the fan noise issue and there are again difficulties at the service center. I have contacted Powersoft to help me resolve the issue.

I have posted here in case it can not be resolved as the K10/20 are out of production I believe.
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2022 at 1:21pm
Were are you based ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>