Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What can I do with Elokance NEO 12 4 AL?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lucide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What can I do with Elokance NEO 12 4 AL?
    Posted: 31 January 2022 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

How many do you have?

Two of them
Lucide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2022 at 10:26am
Is the MHB-30 good for these speakers? Or is the frequency difference too much?
Lucide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2022 at 2:49pm
Low / Mid could be great if that's the only thing I can do with it
Peter Jan View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Jan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2022 at 1:19pm
Seems like some B&C rip-off. Doesn't mean it's bad by definition, but a bit overpriced when compared with real B&C speakers.
5.2 Ohm DC resistance suggest it's an 8 Ohm speaker, not a 4 Ohm speaker, RMS power capacity double of AES... makes you wonder about the care that was given publishing those T/S parameters.
If the given T/S parameter values are somewhat correct, that speaker is probably good for a 2-way top (with subs) or maybe monitor duty. It'll never be a sub monster, that's for sure.
I've put it in WinISD (out of curiosity) and it does indeed look somewhat decent in a 25-30 liter BR cab with ~70 Hz tuning. Useable from 75-80 Hz and up, so could work fine with subs.
Monitor duty ... not so much... drops off too fast when trying to get some lows out of it in a sensible size and respons gets nasty when trying to compensate with bigger net volume and lower tuning. And than it gets too big for a monitor anyway.
Given the low(-isch) Q values, it might work in a low/mid horn, but I take it you're not exactly intrested in that ?

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2022 at 3:36pm
How many do you have?

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2022 at 3:19pm
With Qts as low as 0.28, tuning to Fs will result in a response that starts falling off quite high, probably above 100Hz. Tuning above Fs helps fill in that dip. 
Lucide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2022 at 3:04pm
Hi, thanks for the reply. The resonnance frequency is 47Hz. Wouldn't it be best to match the box with it?
DMorison View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMorison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2022 at 2:27pm
Bit hard to be sure without a frequency response graph, but the TSPs I could find suggest general purpose bass-mid for a typical small to medium sized 2-way. I'm not at my PC right now but you could put the parameters into WINISD or similar to check suitable box sizes & tunings. A wild assed guess would be 25 litres tuned around 70Hz. You'll also need to find an Xmax figure to see how hard you can push it; I didn't see it in the specs I found which may imply it's not particularly impressive. 
Lucide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2022 at 11:12am
Hi, I recently got given Elokance NEO 12 4 AL speakers and don't know what I can do with it. Any suggestion?
 Post Reply Post Reply