Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Newbie Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citronic Thames 2

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Citronic Thames 2
    Posted: 03 February 2022 at 9:22pm
I wonder if anyone has a circuit diagram and user manual for a Citronic Thames 2. I bought the unit in 1988. The problem that I have is that there is no sound out of the left channel

Monitech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monitech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2022 at 8:56am
Two things to try are clean the send and return sockets, and the speaker outputs, these parts will be worn-out 
phoenix out of the ashes
Steve Jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2022 at 4:29pm
Thanks for your reply but surely the send and return sockets wouldn't affect  the channels from the record decks? Or would it? Also there is only one channel if I put the media player in the auxillary or external tape socket
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2022 at 6:39pm
Do you have sound on both channels using the headphones? If yes, then the fault is with the left-hand amp module. If no, then it's a mixer fault. Check the op-amps, as these can be a common fault.
Be seeing you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2022 at 6:45pm
I'm using stereo headphones but sound only comes out of both when the jack plug is not fully plugged in. Excuse my ignorance but what are the "op amps" and how would I check them ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2022 at 6:46pm
Also the sound comes out of both speaker terminals
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2022 at 8:59am
"I'm using stereo headphones but sound only comes out of both when the jack plug is not fully plugged in"

That is because the jack plug needs to be fully in, so we can assume that one channel of the mixer is not working.
Ok, with the headphone plug fully in, are you missing a channel on every input? Ie, the same channel is dead on both turntables and aux inputs as well?
Be seeing you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2022 at 1:16pm
The same channel is not working on both turntables and auxillary inputs aswell. Although the other day for a few minutes both channels appeared to work for about ten minutes on the external tape input (I think)
 Post Reply Post Reply