Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Electro Frying Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Processor leds on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Processor leds on
    Posted: 05 March 2022 at 11:11pm
Fired up a xilica earlier. Yellow input leds on channels 1 and 3 constantly lit. Seems to be working fine, passes audio and all OK, just weird that the leds are on full time.

Swapped it out for an old tannoy xta one.. seems fine. Set up the gig, then all leds for output 2 are suddenly lit up permanently. Again, working fine otherwise, but a bit unnerving.
Crap photo..

Bit random that similar thing had happened to both at the same time.

Anyone any tips for what might cause this?

Edited by cravings - 05 March 2022 at 11:12pm
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2022 at 9:07pm
Possibly Ultrasonic Frequencies. You should trying swapping what you are feeding into the Xilica/Tannoy processors. If the issue is eliminated, you know the issue is not the Xilica/Tannoy processors. If the issue persists turn off every piece of equipment until the lights are not illuminated. 

Best Regards,  
Elliot Thompson
PISSHEAD View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PISSHEAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2022 at 4:13pm
Any updates pending?
The 'drunken master' strikes again.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2022 at 4:41pm
Not really. Opened them both up for a nose. The xta, it's definitely just the front panel. Swapped it with another one to check. Reflowed a few solder joints and stuff but no change. Does seem to be working fine other than that though.

And the xilica, nothing obvious. When I put a hot signal in the yellow leds light up more brightly when they should. Again, seems to be working fine otherwise.

Bit weird.

Elliot, same with no input connections.

Edited by cravings - 10 March 2022 at 4:42pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2022 at 8:43pm
Have you tried disconnecting every piece of equipment connected (with the exception of the XTA/xilica) in the AC line source?

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2022 at 9:18pm
Yeah they're just on the bench. Nothing else in circuit. As I said on the xta it's definitely a problem with the front panel board that just has the leds and buttons on it.

The xilica looks more complicated. It's just leds lit up though.
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2022 at 9:22pm

Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2022 at 10:26am
The next thing you can do is connect channel two output to a spectrum analyzer to determine if there are any Ultra High Frequencies passing through the output in which, is not audible to the human ear. 

If you have an audio interface (sound card) that is capable of delivering 96 kHz (preferably 192 kHz) sample rates you can monitor the outputs using Room EQ Wizard's (REW) Real Time Analyzer (RTA).

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
Mark James View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2022 at 12:06pm
have you tried swearing at it?
me so horny me love you long throw
horn loaded for her pleasure
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2022 at 12:33pm
elliot, it's definitely just the front board which is just the leds and mute buttons and channel select switches. the actual processor is working fine. i have 6 of these units so took the front panel off another one and swapped them over to confirm it's only a problem with that board, and nothing to do with the signal chain. it's an electronics problem. was just hoping one of the good repair guys on here could point me towards what might cause that.

thanks for your input though.

mark... yeah. i have. didn't do anything
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2022 at 1:59pm
Weeeelll - there obviously be a driver ic on each channel for the LEDs. Or maybe even just a couple or 3 transistors. That, or something around it  has gone wrong. Try find that & change!!   Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2022 at 3:10pm
yeah i had a look at that.. it's a little smd thing which i'm not so good with. and the xilica is all smd really. not for me to be meddling with.

ah i'll live with them. presuming they keep working otherwise.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>