FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crest CA6 bridged output

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2022 at 5:34pm
Thanks for the replies, guys. I do like Speakons, but this sort of thing was much easier with the binding post version.
  The manual says pins 1+&2+ for bridged out, but looking at the board inside I can see that all 4 pins are soldered for that socket.

Edited by Lucasdude - 08 March 2022 at 5:41pm
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2022 at 2:48pm
or you could make a split speakon lead with one speakon only connecting to +1 on one amp channel, and the other -1 on the other. those 2 speakons at one end of the cable with one wire each i mean..
Conanski View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conanski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2022 at 2:47pm
I believe the 3rd connector only has 1+/2- on it. 

To have dedicated cable runs to each box you will need a patch panel at the amp rack.
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2022 at 9:39am
This might be a silly question but I'm not in a position to test it right now. Does anyone know if the single bridged speakon socket is paralleled for 1+/- and 2+/-, or is the output only available on 1+/-? I'm just trying to plan my wiring and if I'm driving two 8ohm cabs from the bridged output I would prefer to have a separate 2.5mm pair for each from the amp rather than a single run to the first then out to the second.

Edited by Lucasdude - 08 March 2022 at 9:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12