Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help Fixing a C Audio Pulse 2x1100

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3ct0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help Fixing a C Audio Pulse 2x1100
    Posted: 12 April 2022 at 11:12am
Hello there everyone,

I am currently trying to fix a Pulse 2x1100 for my school and I am kind of back to square one.

I thought that I had fully diagnosed the amp, ended up doing a swap on most of the semiconductors on the board, upgraded the IGBT’s and did a couple of the mods.

After all of this was done, I isolated the power supply and powered it on, It seemed to run fine.

I proceeded to connect the channels back up and powered the amp on, it seemed to run fine at first when all of a sudden, I saw a massive blue spark and both IGBT’s were split in half and my test resistor that I fitted instead of the soft start resistors got super hot. I now find myself with the same issue at the start, channel one tests fine with a multimeter and the output transistors on channel two are shorted, I have completely no idea on how to diagnose what the issue actually is and would need some advice from someone who has a bit more experience than me.

Thanks in advance

Br.

Hector

Edited by H3ct0r - 12 April 2022 at 11:15am
H3ct0r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3ct0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 11:15am
If you need any more info, feel free to ask as I am very keen to get this amp back up
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 11:53am
simonp1100 on this forum is the authority on these amps.. search his posts for wisdom, or maybe he'll appear and see this..
H3ct0r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3ct0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 12:31pm
i’ll take a look

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 12:48pm
Did you replace the insulating washers on the channel output transistors? They can easily punch through at the bolt holes especially if overtightened or old ones reused.

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 12 April 2022 at 12:48pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

H3ct0r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3ct0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 1:06pm
I replaced most of them, i did also test between the case of the output device and the heatsink and it is completely insulated
H3ct0r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3ct0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 2:28pm
I have found his profile but I am unable to PM him, any chance that you would be able to?
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 2:38pm
you need 10 points before you can PM, 3 or 4 more posts and you will then be good to go.
H3ct0r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3ct0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 2:43pm
ill reply to this in order to stack up some more lol
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 2:46pm
only a few more to go...
H3ct0r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3ct0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 3:26pm
Let’s hope this one does it 
H3ct0r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H3ct0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2022 at 3:55pm
Dropped him a PM, hopefully I get a reply

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>