Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QSC PLX 3402

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 9:46pm
@Eearplug,

why are you selling them ? You're gonna replace them with those...those crappy nowadays D class amps ? LOL

Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by M4trix M4trix wrote:

@Eearplug,

why are you selling them ? You're gonna replace them with those...those crappy nowadays D class amps ? LOL

I think man is buying, not selling!
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 11:21pm
Ooops ! My bad. Anyways, my comment about nowaday class D still stands. LOL
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2022 at 11:33pm

Ooops ! My bad. Anyways, my comment about nowaday class D still stands. LOL

That's one pot that needs constant stirring!
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 6:27am
Originally posted by APW APW wrote:

Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

They're fine but must be kept scrupulously clean. They have a tendency to hoover up dust like a good one and ram it under the heatsinks. When it's mixed with damp or sweat or smoke fluid or other moist venue gunk, they can go bang. Luckily they're easy enough for a man of your means to dismantle and blow out.

I could list the stock faults but if you've bought them working then I wouldn't worry about it.

Made for QSC by Goldpeak group.

Thumbs Up... Agreed.

From memory the PLX2 models have a couple more caps in the PSU, and apart from that they are pretty much the same.

Ok, thanks. 

And yes, buying them, not selling to replace with iNukes!!    LOL LOL LOL

"That's one pot that needs constant stirring!"

Nothing new there. I remember this lot from my (turbid) past:-

"Hong Kong - plastic crap that keeps going wrong"!   LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 8:16am
Quote crappy nowadays D class amps

The PLX are class G with SMPSU, not D
Kevin

North Staffordshire

M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 10:34am
Looks like I have made a mess here. Lemme explain. I thought/misread (read it without reading glasses) that Earplug is selling those QSC amps. So I thought, why the heck he would replace them with nowadays class D crap amps since PLX amps still have a good value. Look for example Behringer iNuke series, it's a toy, not for real men. Well, I must be honest. I'm 54 years old, grew up with heavy iron amps and I can't change. It's too late for me to convert. LOL 
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 10:38am

crappy nowadays D class amps

*laughs in Linea Research*
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by RoadRunnersDust RoadRunnersDust wrote:

crappy nowadays D class amps

*laughs in Linea Research*

Funnily enough, I recently had some dealings with Linea Research while trying to get an old Turbo module manufactured by them fixed. Their products are definitely impressive - but like 10x the price of anything Class iNuke! No comparison there.  Ermm

"I'm 54 years old, grew up with heavy iron amps and I can't change. It's too late for me to convert."

A man after my own heart!   LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 12:44pm
I was not being entirely serious LOL
Line Array View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Line Array Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 4:03pm
when i look at pictures of insides of Linea Research amps they strike me as some kind of amateurish design

with dynacord there is a sense of quality to basically everything

with powersoft there is a sense that things are laid out intelligently ... not necessarily quality but intelligently ... many heatsinks and fans look undersized but airflow is clearly managed such that the cooling air is going exactly where it should be going 

dynacord philosophy seems to be to just build it right ( typical German logic ), with Powersoft the philosophy seems to be maximum performance at minimum manufacturing cost, size and weight ( how things SHOULD be engineered ) and with linea research the logic seems to be - just go apesh1t on capacitors and monster fans and don't think too hard.

here in US all 3 amps cost the same while clearly Dynacord is highest quality and Linea Research lowest.  but in UK perhaps prices are different.  

does the lazy design of Linea Research actually translate into lower performance ?  it doesn't have to.  those fans in there look monstrous.  they quite likely can compensate for inefficient layout where the airflow isn't really channeled at all ... i do wonder how loud those fans get under load.

i have to wonder though if all those companies that rebadge Linea Research amps pay the same prices as the little guys pay.  it is possible that their main business is to OEM for all these other companies that maybe bundle the amps with speakers or whatever and that on consumer side they keep prices inflated for prestige purposes.

or maybe the prices are just so bad in US.

what i'm basically saying that just because all the OEMs are switching to Linea Research doesn't mean it's worth whatever the price is to YOU in your market.  we don't know what those OEMs are paying or what their arrangements are.

Edited by Line Array - 22 April 2022 at 4:05pm
best place on the internet >>>

https://dissidentsound.discoursehosting.net
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2022 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Line Array Line Array wrote:

when i look at pictures of insides of Linea Research amps they strike me as some kind of amateurish design

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Sure, the guys from Linea are all total amateurs with no experience or knowledge. It’s actually just designed by throwing all the components in a box with some glue, shaking it and seeing where they stick then making EAGLE work out the PCB traces.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>