Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Puns, RB212, AX88 - crossover and delay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote universaltechnique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Puns, RB212, AX88 - crossover and delay
    Posted: 26 April 2022 at 1:20pm
I've recently aquired 6x punisher V3's(Old Unstable rig). Im going to get 2x RB212 built and get a couple of AX88 v3 of my mate. all run using MC2 amps.

Can anyone help me out with a starting point for crossover point's and delays? I just need a starting point, I would be forever grateful! Smile

Im hoping mr TimeBomb is still active on here and might pop up make some suggestions as he used to run these boxes together from what I can gather.

Puns will be run 40 - 90, then RB212 90 - ?

I've been looking at using Smaart, but i've got some learning to do before I can use it with any confidence LOL

Pic of the old rig:
https://mega.nz/file/aNhV3JwL#04WPqC-9oOWr2Qq_hJU6_pMYnUIxEHisSosIx7-3lt0

Tedski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tedski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2022 at 3:53pm

AX88 is from 180hz up. There are some delay settings on there for f218, could be similar to the puns, and the website can help you calculate limiter settings.

Once you have your xover points, smaart delay finder used with pink noise could get you in the ballpark, but it's never quite as simple as that :)

Edited by Tedski - 26 April 2022 at 4:01pm
universaltechnique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote universaltechnique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2022 at 6:56pm
Thanks Tedski! It's the RB212 that is a bit of an enigma, but im keen to use them as they fit right on top of the puns.
el chupacabra View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el chupacabra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 8:58pm
I run rb212 with usb2 below and community sls920 above which is a fairly similar format.
I would not run them below 80hz. up to 250 or so is the upper xover point to my memory but not looked at the program in a while. drivers are the rcf 12n405 but i imagine yours will be with fane 12mb?
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 8:39pm
I used to run the RB212s up to to 370Hz with a 24dB low pass and some out of band eq a bit higher up to take out a honk, the ax88 didnt really get to 180Hz more like 250Hz iirc, they couldnt keep up with the rb212s though.  Are those my old cabinets in the pic? 
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
munkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote munkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 November 2022 at 11:59am
They are indeed
the midtops!
universaltechnique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote universaltechnique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2023 at 11:11pm
So I've got the AX88's now.

Just need to get 2x RB212 made and loaded. I can likely get trhe cabinets I just need to know what drivers these were designed for?

I'm thinking 2 x E100's for the 6 x puns and 2 x RB212. Should be loads of head room. And an E25 for the AX88's
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2023 at 5:55pm
Original drivers were Fane 12MB but most people use RCF 12MB405s,  the space behind the drivers is limited so a lot of drivers wont fit.  
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply