Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

powering x6 18tbx100

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by knet94 knet94 wrote:

With careful limiting and gain control no reason this cannot

If your limiters are based on peak & RMS voltage, and the amp can deliver both without clipping, then there shouldn’t be any adjustment needed when you vary the number of cabinets per channel.

This is how your external DSP limiters should be operating.

With the Powersoft K series DSP, the only limiter types that need adjustment depending on nominal load are the TruePower and “Current vs. 8 Ohm” options. While those are brilliant for making a well-designed loudspeaker as bombproof as possible, I wouldn’t recommend that most people use them without proper measurement and testing in a controlled environment.

jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2022 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

I've never liked the sound of the K10.

To me K20, sounds much better, not just the power, but more natural sounding bass notes.

i heard k10 on scoops sounded Dead
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

I've never liked the sound of the K10.

To me K20, sounds much better, not just the power, but more natural sounding bass notes.

i heard k10 on scoops sounded Dead

If I was playing in venues, always with 32A/63A 3PH supply, or on 64+ KVA generators, my sub amp of choice would probably be PL380.

But they are a bit hopeless on 13A plug, Domestic ring main, so I sold 3x of my 5x. Cry

Edited by levyte357- - 12 May 2022 at 2:35pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by _Natty_ _Natty_ wrote:

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

The B&C 18 TBX 100 are approaching 20 years in production. Fourteen years ago, one 8-ohm B&C TBX 100 would burn-up it's voice coil on a single channel of a Powersoft K10. So, three B&C TBX 100 in parallel mode would be an ideal fit on a Powesoft K10. It won't be louder than the Crest 9001 however, if weight is the reasoning for moving towards a lighter weighing amplifier, the Powersoft K10 will be fine. 

Best Regards, 

thanks for the adivse and comment!

what id like to understand is if for example having 4 scoop on a k10 and others 2 with another amp, from the list above(x2 k10, 9001 or ab not chinese amp)... id like to have a good powering, in venue nuff current aviable and the rack have more W to spent.... thanks to all

There is nothing to gain using your example. You are only using 6 boxes. If you were  12 - 18 boxes, I would see the benefit of the idea you are suggesting.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
_Natty_ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Natty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2022 at 10:33am
apologize for not replied on this. but i cannot give you you a feedback, no gig at the end due my back fault... as soundmans you knows the pains. wi will make it again in autumn...i hope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12