Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's my stuff worth?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Disco Stu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's my stuff worth?
    Posted: 12 May 2022 at 7:57pm
So I'm trying to figure out prices for some of the following things.... Any advice would be appreciated. 

Matrix 6004 4 channel 1200w per channel power amp. Fully reconditioned by matrix and unused since. 

A pair of Bill Fitzmaurice designed Omnitop 15 cabs with Eminence 3015 Neos and a BMS 1" used a handful of times.

Any thoughts or musings gratefully received.

Stuart 
All you need to know is:
Sensitivity + Power Handling - Power Compression = Max Output

My acts:
www.myspace.com/thebowiexperience
www.myspace.com/scheisseelektronisches
DJ-Dulux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJ-Dulux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 7:20am
The market is still pretty dead I would say, but the amp likely 600 - 800 depending how fast a sale you after. DIY speakers are hard to value, but the drivers alone likely 300ish, so as a job lot 1000-1200 I would say....

Dupe....
Dupe...
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 7:31am
The market is anything but dead. Its very hard to find stock new, with the consequence that many people are looking instead for used equipment. Waiting lists for many new or used items are long and prices are only going one way….up.

I would suggest it is a great time to sell, anything we have had available in used stock in the last 3 months has been snapped up with no arguments regarding the asking price!
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 10:23am
One way to find out is to just stick it all in e-boy. 10 day auction?

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
jacethebase View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacethebase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 10:30am
Originally posted by csg csg wrote:

The market is anything but dead. Its very hard to find stock new, with the consequence that many people are looking instead for used equipment. Waiting lists for many new or used items are long and prices are only going one way….up.

I would suggest it is a great time to sell, anything we have had available in used stock in the last 3 months has been snapped up with no arguments regarding the asking price!

This!!!

I have sold loads of kit lately to buy new. 

Buying the new stuff has been A lot harder than selling the old!
www.wedding-production.co.uk

www.stage2sound.com
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 2:31pm
If you want to put the equipment on ebay then I would list it as "Buy it now or best offer" rather than an auction.

You will get a better price in my experience.

Robbo View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 3:53pm
When I used to sell gear on Ebay, I listed it for auction with a start price of what I really wanted for the item plus a bit to cover the fees---This way is the best as you can very often get more for the item than what you thought and if it does not sell then just relist it until it does.
 Post Reply Post Reply