Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to bridge powersoft K2?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aymara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to bridge powersoft K2?
    Posted: 19 May 2022 at 8:56pm
Hi everyone,
I bought an powersoft K2 for my subs and wan't to bridge my amp but don't really know how to do it... In the manual they write: Bridge-tied load connection can be achieved as described in FIGURE 12. In analog mode, only the input of channel 1 needs to be wired: link channel 2 to channel 1 by means of the link pushbutton located on the rear panel.
with this image: 
Aymara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aymara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 8:57pm
Aymara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aymara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 8:58pm
I can't upload the image, its the image on the right under corner on page 12 of this manual: https://www.powersoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/powersoft_KSeries_uguide_mul.pdf
Tinnitus Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnitus Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 9:47pm
Channel 1+ and channel 2+ is normaly the way to bridge a stereo amp, 2+ being the virtual negative for your speakers. On that Amp it is vague  .it seems to suguest  each speakon has 1+ and 2+ joined together . so you would need 2 speakon plugs  , one for + and the other for -.... More importantly !Why do you want to bridge it ??

Edited by Tinnitus Rex - 19 May 2022 at 10:00pm
"couldn't we just like... use headphones?"
Aymara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aymara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:05pm
If i try that, i don't get any sound...
Aymara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aymara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:06pm
Because then i have more headroom, if i don't bridge my amp doesn't give enough watt....
Tinnitus Rex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinnitus Rex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 10:37pm
what  speakers are you trying to destroy?
I just looked at the manual and in section J  it clearly shows you use 2 speakons
one wired 1&2 + and a  the other speakon wired 1&2 -  using input one only with link switch on,
Next question "how much for recone of........?"
4800 W @ 4 Ω
Frying tonight !

Edited by Tinnitus Rex - 20 May 2022 at 5:38pm
"couldn't we just like... use headphones?"
Aymara View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aymara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 5:15am
It's for 2x Void v18. So that is 2x 1000w/8ohm.
VECTORDJ View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VECTORDJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 2:29pm
VECTORSONICS Auburn, Maine USA for woofer recone work......Thanx.
 Post Reply Post Reply