Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Scoop repair/strengthen?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Scoop repair/strengthen?
    Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:22pm
I recently picked up a pair of super scoops that never quite got finished by the builder and look to have been sat in storage for a while. I would like to finish/restore them and get them running, but have a few questions…

Currently no speakon plates - where is the best position for these and should I go through the rear baffle with the cable and silicone or go under and up to the driver?

Builds are fairly solid but I think there is a tiny bit of movement in the side panels at the bottom from being shunted around - should I pepper them with screws and maybe squirt some glue into the pilot holes maybe?

Currently no drivers - have some Emmy omegas (yellow sticker) that I could chuck in or should I not even bother and get tbx100/void/xb? 

Other than that I am going to router the edges/ add mounting for full grille/tuff cab/castors, is there anything else I can do to make them as good as possible?

Thanks 
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:09am
fit some nice beefy mouth braces and go up and over with the cable and job done :) if they don't have bottom skids on add those to( 18mm strip from left to right of the cab, one at front one at back ) , will keep the bottom of the cabs safer  from damage and water/damp 

Edited by paulus - 23 May 2022 at 10:10am
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
sarsen1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarsen1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2022 at 10:26am
Thanks Paulus. Good shout on the skids will do that for sure. The mouths have the standard 18mm bracing in currently, do you think its worth gluing and screwing 9mm ply either side of the existing to make 32mm or leave as is?
 Post Reply Post Reply