Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifiers Rescue Gods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 71>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ChrisWard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisWard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amplifiers Rescue Gods
    Posted: 25 January 2024 at 8:20am
Ditto too
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2024 at 7:08am
Yup, lovely job.

The handles look great - but need some gold pin-striping!   LOL Smile LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2024 at 5:00pm
Thanks guys,i do appreciate :)
EmPro Audio
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2024 at 4:37pm
Great work, Empro. It's nice to see some of these old classics treated with dignity.
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2024 at 6:14pm
Serious transformation.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2024 at 6:13pm
Also new feeding 100R 2w resistor for the front pannel fitted and new pots as well,the old ones..proper done,the amplifier works perfect :)
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2024 at 6:10pm
Well....the best i can do for the poor Studiomaster Mosfet 1000,i didn't want to paint the front panel,i've seen worse LOL
EmPro Audio
monkeypuzzle View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monkeypuzzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2024 at 11:38pm
I got a VX 900 from a cash generator with a hill dx1500 and a cloud CV 500 all in a diamond board 8u box, of the three, the vx sounded lovely, I really wish I’d not let it go. If you can get it going they put out a really nice sound.
blah blah blah blah blah......
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2024 at 5:01pm
Then save it mate,you won't regret,it performs well on any application and plenty of real power available with no limiting,but first make sure you have all the Hitachi's good in it :) if not...but i don't think will be the case,will be a problem to find proper K135 and J50 devices....these days.
EmPro Audio
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2024 at 4:43pm
Thank you Thumbs Up the case just has a bit of paint peeling rest of it is ok. I'll it on the bench next week and have a proper look. 
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2024 at 4:38pm
Also be carefull to discharge the reservoir tanks because they store a lot of current in 60.000uf/100v LCR's LOL
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 January 2024 at 4:34pm
I had a poor VX900 long time ago...my one was in badly body condition,the front plastic grils we're missing etc etc...also one ch down but nothing too serious,the eight hitachi's were totally fine,the working ch sounded good,i donate it to a guy who has the same one but good body and one ch down as well so he just moved parts from my own and made a proper good one,if yours is in good shape is worthing to be saved,they punch some serious continuous power all the way down almost to dc where the triac starts to cut the output Smile when they go usualy the problem
is in the driver board...easy to acces and more easy to repair,my own had two axial capacitors done and 2-3 resistors,nothing serious Smile

Edited by EmPro - 20 January 2024 at 4:35pm
EmPro Audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 71>