Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifiers Rescue Gods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 71>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

^These have cropped up before. TSR was something to do with Bass-Charrington/ Tobysound, they were installed in almost every pub in the UK in the late 80's. From memory, it even has a mic pre-amp in there too, for pub PA.

Ah, Tobysound. That takes me back. Didn't they buy a ton of Wharfedale Diamonds with their own badge on?
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 3:04pm
Power Acoustics APK 2240
Output: 2x230w rms 4r
Output devices 2x MJ15001 and 2x MJ15002 per ch
Faults: broken psu capacitors from the main board,cold solderings,so new samwha caps fitted,new thermal paste on all outputs and drivers,and remade all the solderings,the amp is working flawless since:

Edited by EmPro - 30 May 2022 at 3:50pm
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 3:21pm
Poor Crest Audio P4000 comes with right ch proper blown up,all the 12 outputs 2SB and 2SD,both drivers,predrivers,emitter resistors,bias diodes,op-amp etc etc Cry so i place it as BER for parts,but one of my friends needed 5-600w of pure mono power for a bass...so...now is working as mono bass amp on the good left ch,so still in service,as is full stabile in 2R loads cand easly drive 2 4R speakers with no problem,and the jumper i made on the output board also activate the vu-meter on the faulty ch as well Clap ps: already removed the right ch when i tooked the photos.

Edited by EmPro - 28 May 2022 at 5:08pm
EmPro Audio
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 3:46pm
I am just wondering if all these (wonderful) old amps are old projects, now done & gone - or stuff you still have lying around? And if the latter, how much room do you have in your house for anything else - like furniture - or clothes, etc!  LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

I am just wondering if all these (wonderful) old amps are old projects, now done & gone - or stuff you still have lying around? And if the latter, how much room do you have in your house for anything else - like furniture - or clothes, etc!  LOL LOL LOL

Well....this 3x4m room now is full....LOLLOL i also sold like 20-30 amps...and i kept like 60-70 of them LOL i like to collect and restore old PA stuff.

Edited by EmPro - 28 May 2022 at 3:54pm
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 4:01pm
Well...here just for fun and some crazy spl...i fitted two dual concentric speakers 100w rms each 8R in parallel so 4R load 200w into a combo 2x12 speaker cabinet,and the amp to drive them HH MA150 (150w rms) not happy with the weight,but happy with the sound LOLLOL

Edited by EmPro - 28 May 2022 at 4:02pm
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 4:09pm
Crazy Yamaha H5000 bought as untested from Ebay,turns out just the on/off switch was bad (high inrush current) look at the supply voltage per ch Big smile
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 5:04pm
Studiomaster Powerhouse Horizon 1208
2X600w rms 4r
Fault: The dsp screen shows: Left Ch Overheating
Turns out the fault has gone after i resolder all the output boards (4 of them) as i din't find any blown parts or dirt in the ventilation tunnel,the fan was working as it should,still own this one Big smile i like the sound,quite strong,the psu does the heavy lifting,10 capacitors and huge transformer.

Edited by EmPro - 28 May 2022 at 5:27pm
EmPro Audio
woody2 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2022 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

^These have cropped up before. TSR was something to do with Bass-Charrington/ Tobysound, they were installed in almost every pub in the UK in the late 80's. From memory, it even has a mic pre-amp in there too, for pub PA.

They look like the units MAM used.
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 12:44pm
Austin Armstrong 403 C Mk 2
Nice lateral mosfet amplifier
2x200w 4r
2 pairs of outputs per ch
Faults: broken connectors and joints (toured way to much i guess)
Also the main board have slots empty for more outputs so..i filled up for more stability Big smile

Edited by EmPro - 29 May 2022 at 1:00pm
EmPro Audio
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by EmPro EmPro wrote:

2x200w 4r
Also the main board have slots empty for more outputs so..i filed up for more stability Big smile

I like everything about this post. From the name that sounds like a 60s British car to the unnessecary filling of empty slots. Man's got his Partridge on!
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Lucasdude Lucasdude wrote:

Originally posted by EmPro EmPro wrote:

2x200w 4r
Also the main board have slots empty for more outputs so..i filed up for more stability Big smile

I like everything about this post. From the name that sounds like a 60s British car to the unnessecary filling of empty slots. Man's got his Partridge on!

Adding an extra 14amp per ch is not quite unnecessary when you play flat in low impedances mate Wink my amplifiers are all bulletproof Smile and if is space for,why not? you gain thermal stability,less thd and stress on the outputs as being connected in parallel they share the total output current,so less current for each output device mean less heat dissipation etc etc
EmPro Audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 71>