Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifiers Rescue Gods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 71>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 6:10pm
technically magnatec but both semelab and magnatec were interchangeable for a while when they merged. The semelab logo still incorporates the 3 arrows if you look carefully
Kevin

North Staffordshire

EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2022 at 6:57pm
Cheers,i did a quick research and indeed Semelab have this arrow logo,nice one mate,thank you.Clap
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2022 at 9:34pm
His time today Big smile McGregor RM1600:
EmPro Audio
simonp1100 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simonp1100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 8:01am
The amp internals does have that C-Audio vibe to it, the PCB layout looks like the Beta pro 800 series & the transformer on this amplifier is also been potted. Wink
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 8:39am
well....yeah....is a nice mixture of C audio/HH lateral mosfets,and sounds just about the same,not sure about the rated power,as i don't have the testing equipment with me here,and the amp claims to sustain 800w rms per ch in 4R loads,judgeing by the number of dual die fets it can without problems....but judgeing by the psu transformes that are rated 800w.....hmmm don't think so....Confused in the best scenario with 800w rated transformers you have maximum 600w rms on outputs Confused but no way from two 800w transformers to get 2x800w on outputs...what the hell....am i missing something here? Confused

Edited by EmPro - 25 June 2022 at 8:47am
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2022 at 8:57am
And same as the V800-M900 series from HH on those three feeding resistors you can cook your dinner or make a tea as they go 70-80c no problem LOL in the HH design were 3.3k and here 2.7k,however i don't like them here next to capacitors...so i might remove them and fit another ones stronger for less heat dissipation Confused

Edited by EmPro - 25 June 2022 at 8:58am
EmPro Audio
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 4:36pm
Look at this little rascal just turned up in the workshop today!

Rumour has it, it only gets powered down during miners' strikes and when the PAT Tester man visits..

Kevin

North Staffordshire

EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

Look at this little rascal just turned up in the workshop today!

Rumour has it, it only gets powered down during miners' strikes and when the PAT Tester man visits..

Well mate.....you don't buy a PPX to keep it off,will be a highly offence to Citronic if you do that LOL beware of rats and poisoning spiders when you open it LOLLOL

Edited by EmPro - 30 June 2022 at 4:54pm
EmPro Audio
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 4:57pm
Quote beware of rats and poisoning spiders

No poison spiders here in the UK but I've just evicted some very lively dust bunnies.

Build date code of 1994 on this. Nothing lasts these days   
Kevin

North Staffordshire

EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 5:05pm
Only 1994??? is new compared to my HH M900's LOL about these days junks.....i don't have words to describe my feelings proper LOL i don't bother you with the question: it is working? as i already now it does LOL

Edited by EmPro - 30 June 2022 at 5:21pm
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2022 at 5:29pm
Got this puppy Amcron Micro Tech 600 yesterday from Ebay as spares or repairs,the amplifier is in mint condition,apart of the broken left ear rack that UPS c_nts did,just minor adjustments of bias,some basic voltages measurements and ready to play,even the thermal paste is soft and fresh like it was applied an hour ago lol,however i will still make it peaces and resolder every single part from output boards and i will place him next to my Amcron Micro Tech 1200 mint condition as well Big smile

Edited by EmPro - 30 June 2022 at 10:27pm
EmPro Audio
shaun1264 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shaun1264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2022 at 2:48pm
Had a bit of time this morning to swap out the Fanformer for a 18-0-18v transformer in a MT1200.  Not a final finish yet but just to see if it will fit and work  Obviously the amp will limit itself under heavy prolonged load as there is no fan yet but it works.  After checking the bias and CMR I was getting 320watts in 8ohms per channel.  Just under clipping I was getting 0.01% THD at 1KHz and 0.005% at 50Hz. 

A word of caution.  Be very careful if changing the filter caps. Make sure they go back the right way round and make sure the insulating rubber washers are doing their job,  Check for shorts between the metal bracket and each round lugs. Else you will have one mighty bang and or fuse and MCB trip.

Edited by shaun1264 - 01 July 2022 at 2:48pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 71>