Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifiers Rescue Gods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 71>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2022 at 3:30pm
I'll look when i get home,maybe i still have some HH V series schematics to see,and bias depends of what outputs you have and number of them....Hitachi's are different from SML or Exicon,if you bias sml-s of exicon-s like hitachi-s they will blow up in 10min.
EmPro Audio
Seca23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seca23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2022 at 3:56pm
The amp has 5 pairs of sk176 /sj56 per channel.

EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2023 at 7:45pm
Unfurtunate i don't find or posses any schematics for that amplifier :/
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2023 at 7:49pm
Any ideea guys who or why made this amplifier? LOLLOL sounds nice to be honest,the output modules are SANKEN.

EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2023 at 8:03pm
As i promise....my CS800 Commercial Series fully restored,this one bench tested 635wpc on 4 ohm 30hz before the DTT limiter kicks in....so...not quite 400w as stated(maybe 2x400w driveing both ch at the same time,didn't try that) Big smileBig smile however if you switch off the DTT limiter....god be with your speakers..as it skyrocks in power and THD LOLLOLLOL so i would reccomend to live it on LOL and also it performs way better in low frequencies.

Edited by EmPro - 17 January 2023 at 8:12pm
EmPro Audio
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 6:12pm
Peavey purposely underrated their amplifiers at that time. Their were many that felt Peavey amplifiers did not meet their specs. It was based purely on bias hatred towards Peavey.  I own a good amount of CS 800s (yours is the last series before they downsized to the 3- Rack version). If you ever happen to find their first series (No DDT and will say Overload above the LED Indicators) you will find RCA TO-3's on the heat sinks. The first series also weighs more than the model you posses. And yes, for Bass, Peavey Amplifiers are not shy playing very low frequencies. My second choice for a sub-low Bass Amplifier (First being Crown).  

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 14 January 2023 at 6:20pm
Elliot Thompson
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 6:35pm
Indeed i have the last generation of CS800c 4U before they moved to 3u and tottaly different output stage,i didn't have the luck to find the first ones without the DTT limiter and RCA-s outputs,i bet those are even stronger then this one,however i do have a BGW 750B with RCA-s inside and Motorola's npn and pnp that push the same amount of power as this C800c in the same frequency range,also running better in low's.

Edited by EmPro - 14 January 2023 at 6:36pm
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 6:48pm
The outputs in my BGW 750B the Motorola ones are SJ-s i guess peavey's mark,i don't know if this amplifier comes with this mix or has been repaired before Confused obviously the fresh thermal paste is my job LOL

Edited by EmPro - 14 January 2023 at 6:53pm
EmPro Audio
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 7:52pm

Jack Sondermeyer is the founder of the design. He sold the design to Peavey and BGW. Hartley Peavey was so impressed with the design, he hired Jack to make their amplifiers. Below are Jack Sondermeyer's Patents. Jack worked for RCA before moving to Peavey.

https://patents.justia.com/inventor/jack-c-sondermeyer

Best Regards,

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 14 January 2023 at 7:54pm
Elliot Thompson
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2023 at 7:55pm
Nice infos,cheersClap
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2023 at 12:56pm
Well...it works good,but can be better TongueWink so.....time for some Hitachi's to take place in my beloved BK MXF900.

EmPro Audio
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2023 at 1:24pm
Do you have any spare Hitachis not doing anything useful? I need a couple, or 4...  Smile Smile Smile 

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 71>