Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifiers Rescue Gods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 71>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2023 at 3:56pm
Yes i do mate,do you need pairs?
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2023 at 7:00pm
Well....i have good news...bad news and some betwin them LOLLOL

The good news,i have Matched Hitachi's by H H Electronics removed 10 years ago from an V800 (driver board was totally rosted,i made it to work but i didn't like the way it looked so i made it for parts.

The bad news,i know for sure i have three pairs of them..but i only find two pairs (that's because i have 150 boxes with parts and spares and god know what more because i always travel from UK to Romania and back) but i will find the other pair for sure,all the rest of them are running in other mosfet amps for years.

And betwin bad and good is the fact that i'm currently in Romania now,and to send them from here will cost a lot and will take forever to get to you,but next month i'll be back in UK (London) and i can send them to you via Royal Mail 1St.

Here a photo of them:

Cheers
EmPro Audio
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2023 at 2:12am
Loved those old BK Electronics amps. Simple, reliable and built like the proverbial brick shithouse.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2023 at 6:29am
Ok - you have PM...   Smile
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2023 at 6:59pm
Future project...2x100w rms Hitachi Lateral Mosfet Amplifier with plenty of extra capacity,new wire management and some nice binding posts,to much empty space in this amp Big smile photos with the amp finished will be soon Smile i didn't even started LOLLOL but will be much like in the photo:

EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2023 at 10:07pm
British SolarVox Twenty just bought from Ebay,the fault was the speakers balance fader (no contact) so no sound on the outputs...after i cleaned all the faders and oiled them the amplifier is alive with nice and warm sound...is my room amplifier at the moment..playing nice on 4 flat tv speakers LOL no laugh please..i need space and cooling the laptop at the same time LOL so this was the ideea for the moment.

Edited by EmPro - 24 February 2023 at 10:12pm
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2023 at 5:07pm
Another British monster amplifier C Audio RA3000 saved from the faith of getting in the bin,the seller sold it as faulty,stuck in protect mode,the actual fault was the soft start relay..was stuck open so the amplifier couldn't get proper power supply to work...i just tap the relay and the amplifier is working great on both ch,turned on and off 10 times,the relay seems to work just fine now,the top lid is 2.2kg on this ,,thing" LOL

Edited by EmPro - 07 March 2023 at 5:10pm
EmPro Audio
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2023 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by EmPro EmPro wrote:

British SolarVox Twenty just bought from Ebay,the fault was the speakers balance fader (no contact) so no sound on the outputs...after i cleaned all the faders and oiled them the amplifier is alive with nice and warm sound...is my room amplifier at the moment..playing nice on 4 flat tv speakers LOL no laugh please..i need space and cooling the laptop at the same time LOL so this was the ideea for the moment.

I have an tatty old Teleton SAQ-408 amplifier in the cupboard, the styling is uncannily similar, but with everything mirrored, and the layout of the rear looks identical with the mains lead, transformer, speaker sockets, din sockets and cap mounted in the same locations (again, just mirrored) … however the PCB is completely different.

More info: http://www.teleton-electro-mitsubishi.com/teleton-saq408.html

Edited by APW - 07 March 2023 at 5:48pm
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2023 at 5:46pm
Interesting indeed,some coppy of SolarVox maybe??
EmPro Audio
APW View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2023 at 5:51pm
I don't know... the Teleton dates from early/mid 70s.

Edit: Just did some digging... Teleton and SolarVox were both Mitsubishi owned brands

Edited by APW - 07 March 2023 at 6:01pm
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2023 at 6:33pm
Hmmmm.....that's odd.....the Brits claimed the SolarVox for them..interesting,also dates from 1970...

Edited by EmPro - 07 March 2023 at 6:33pm
EmPro Audio
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2023 at 6:59pm
Solarvox was a house-brand of Comet Stores, so I suppose they could stick their name on any OEM product.

In fact in the early days of Comet, manufacturers were prevented from supplying Comet since it went against the rules of discounting prices from the recommnended retail price, as set and fixed by the manufacturers across the dealer network and overseen by the manufacturers association (a sort of cartel).

Comet therefore sold either own-brand goods made by well-known main line manufacturers, or, later, were allowed to sell branded goods so long as the same model could not be bought elsewhere. Eventually these resale-price maintenance schemes in the UK were dropped and Comet just became another high street retailer.

edit: I suppose your upside-down hifi was a cheap way of the OEM disguising their product as a comet-exclusive, hence getting around the rules. Cheaper to keep the press tool and just turn the panel around.

Edited by kedwardsleisure - 07 March 2023 at 7:02pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 71>