Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifiers Rescue Gods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 71>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 1:29pm
Imho, the safest place is at the end of the glass shelf above head height over the bar. Easiest to work on too, with a removable panel on the customer side to get at the back wiring.
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 1:31pm
Well...try to convince them LOLLOL you will pick up a nice fight LOL
EmPro Audio
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 1:32pm
With Cloud equipment, I would usually mount remote volume and source controls for each zone behind the bar, so noone needs to touch anything else.
KDW32 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KDW32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 2:20pm
Can of compressed air, servisol super 10, deoxit f5  & fresh paint brushes. Keep things clean. 

If I had known that back in the day it would have saved me lot of problems. 

Edited by KDW32 - 10 March 2023 at 2:25pm
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by KDW32 KDW32 wrote:

Can of compressed air, servisol super 10, deoxit f5  & fresh paint brushes. Keep things clean. 

If I had known that back in the day it would have saved me lot of problems. 

You got that right mate...i clean my PA regulary and i'm trouble free so far....also when i clean them...i check basic things here and there...some caps...tracks...etc...just in case :) most of the times i don't find nothing bad,and sometimes i find capacitors that are slowly going to heaven so i prepare a recap as soon as i can :) i never let amps to die,when i consider the're  ,,tired" i keep them apart untill i fully restore them :)
EmPro Audio
4D View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 3:37pm
Did someone say H5000  run them all bridged into 4 x thl111 & 3 tsw718 3 nights a week for the last 30 years.. So far so good.. H5000 
DMZ. "The bass was intense. Girls were literally running up to stand next to the subs"
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2023 at 3:39pm
Yep...H5000 are bullet proof....P5000....nothing but joke LOLLOL
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 2:14pm
Well,the owner didn't want it fixed and give it to me for parts...i think im going to restore it to full glory and use it,i'm already half job done LOL

EmPro Audio
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2023 at 2:50pm
Looking good.  

Nice to see the shine back on those T03's!   LOL LOL LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Andylaser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andylaser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Yes - it's funny how people are so meticulous about keeping their homes, cars, etc. so clean - but forget the electronics, especially stupid if you're making money from the gear. Clubs & bars have to be the worst...   Dead

A club I used to maintain equipment for back in the late 90s and early 2000s would shut down for a month following New Years Eve.  The PA system would be totally dismantled and cleaned. All the cabs got washed to remove beer residue and the amps all opened up and had the dust and crap blown out of them.

Same with the lighting rig and lasers. Often a spot of decoration would get done as well as some other upgrades such as fans, ventilation and new decor. It kept the club looking fresh and the equipment running well. Seemed a sensible idea to me as most clubs are dead in January  so its an ideal time for a mini refurb and maintenace session.
"music so loud, that if we move in next door to you; your lawn will die" - Lemmy
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2023 at 9:52pm
Well..you don't see that these days anymore mate....now they just kill the PA,try to see how expensive is to fix them..and finaly going in bin or sometimes they leave them to us for spare pars for free or small amount of money.
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2023 at 4:00pm
One ch good to go....one left to fix...waiting for parts to arrive Smile
Today was tested on the fixed good ch and sounds awesome.

EmPro Audio
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 71>