Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifiers Rescue Gods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 71>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 11:21am
I've seen in some photos on the internet that indeed they had some black covers on the outputs...looks nice to have those as well but this one has none of them,and i'm pretty sure i won't find them anymore Ouch
EmPro Audio
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 11:27am
Be seeing you.
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 11:36am
lol,search results on ebay uk for: to3 transistor cover:

I didn't expected to be honest,and cheap as hell
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 11:43am
Back to the amp,this is the specs from the Jbl_Man's linck:

It is written that is dissipation limited...but for the love of god i don't see any thermal tracking of the outputs..so it cannot be limited...basicaly if you squize the life out of it in low impedance should blow due to thermal runnaway or just go off as the thermal relays will kick in...but no way of limiting...

Edited by EmPro - 09 June 2023 at 11:44am
EmPro Audio
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 12:26pm
.....yup, just relies on the mechanical circuit breaker of the thermal switch to 'limit' it. Bear in mind, the early ones didn't even have that. LOL
Be seeing you.
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by jbl_man jbl_man wrote:

.....yup, just relies on the mechanical circuit breaker of the thermal switch to 'limit' it. Bear in mind, the early ones didn't even have that. LOL

My god,how people didn't blow them up?! I mean the're just 2 pairs of outputs per ch rated at 150w each and the power continuous of 235w from them seems marginal already...Dead

Edited by EmPro - 09 June 2023 at 12:38pm
EmPro Audio
kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 1:40pm
people learned not to drive them so hard when the result was the sound switched off for the rest of the gig until the amps cooled down
Kevin

North Staffordshire

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 1:50pm
"I didn't expected to be honest,and cheap as hell"

Definitely worth fitting. Avoid those silly accidents!  Smile

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by kedwardsleisure kedwardsleisure wrote:

people learned not to drive them so hard when the result was the sound switched off for the rest of the gig until the amps cooled down

LOLLOLLOL i was expecting that,and i only imagine what happened with those who didn't have the thermal relay switch fitted LOLLOL
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

"I didn't expected to be honest,and cheap as hell"

Definitely worth fitting. Avoid those silly accidents!  Smile

I'll definitely fit those covers,not so much for the accidents,but for the design as well,those outputs might be perfectly working,but they look like crap Confused

Edited by EmPro - 09 June 2023 at 1:59pm
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 2:02pm
Also i'm still thinking to replace all of them with MJ15022....Smile any advice?!? There is a guy on Ebay selling original MJ15022 from SemeLab,i did mention them before here,proper outputs and only 3£ for one,also..i don't think are matched devices...just some NOS...so i might be better with the matched 2N-s Confused

Edited by EmPro - 09 June 2023 at 2:06pm
EmPro Audio
jbl_man View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbl_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2023 at 2:24pm
If they aint broke, dont fix 'em. Just clean up the old ones, if they all measure ok, pop them back in. I had my MMs for over twenty five years, still working perfectly when i got rid of them, all original components. 
Be seeing you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 71>