Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifiers Rescue Gods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 71>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 2:54pm
Not my best work of art,but to keep it running for another 10+ years will do LOLLOL
EmPro Audio
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 4:15pm
I asked a buddy of mine to snap that Ashly up for me. It was only round the corner from him. I had a feeling there wasn't anything wrong with it. Sleepy
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 4:17pm
I bet you're itching to fill those spare o/p spaces!
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 4:35pm
Indeed nothing wrong with it apart form the bad shape it was and lack of meinteinance,however after i run some tests i found that particular Mosfet yellow marked to get hot as hell,all the others looks and behave good...but that one wil rip your skin off...so is as good as death...i ordered some mika insulators as i have 24 Hitachi's K135 and J50 matched..and i will fill him with 8 outputs per ch..all the parts are already fitted from factory.

Edited by EmPro - 05 April 2023 at 4:36pm
EmPro Audio
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 4:51pm
I do like Ashly stuff. What brand are the caps near the hot transistor?
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 4:59pm
I do like them as well,i own 7 FET-2000m and 2 FTX-2001 Series 3,and now this FET-1500M so a total of 10 ASHLY's,the capacitors are NRSA Japan.
EmPro Audio
Lucasdude View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lucasdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 5:23pm
I mean the little caps on the board. Rubycon?
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 5:26pm
The small ones are NRSA (Nippon) Japan,the big can ones are Cornell Dublier USA,and yes,had rubycon as well

Edited by EmPro - 05 April 2023 at 9:01pm
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 9:01pm
As i expected,the O/T have been replaced before :) i'm sure ASHLY didn't mark the slots LOLLOL
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2023 at 9:26pm
Just finish checking the Exicons,and surprise...all of them are good,but daamn...not even close match....no wonder why they act so instabile in circuit....not going to use them by all means...waiting for insulators to arrive and i'll plant my matched hitachi's in this toy,then finally will be a proper stabile amplifier with plenty of headroom,i think that guy did his best to find all the unmatched Exicons that exists and put them in this amp lol Confused
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2023 at 9:05pm
Jeez....the Hitachi's have thicker pins compared to Exicons...so i need to make bigger holes to fit them...the right pcb is ready for hitachi's the left one is original so i need to do the same thing...Confused

Edited by EmPro - 07 April 2023 at 9:07pm
EmPro Audio
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2023 at 6:35am
Haha - it's never simple, is it.

Like having to replace bolts in some of the older (or even modern) US made amps - that don't use "standard" metric, but some odd Whitworth thread...  

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 71>