Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amplifiers Rescue Gods

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 71>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2023 at 9:19am
In proportion of 90% i do have all of them LOLLOL what i'm going to do with them....honestly i don't know...LOL

Edited by EmPro - 12 May 2023 at 3:11pm
EmPro Audio
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 2:41am
You can always create a Youtube Account and, start making reviews about the amplifiers you own. The Home Audio market has done it for years. However, the Professional Audio Market tends to be non-existent on such reviews regarding amplifiers.

Best Regards,  
Elliot Thompson
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2023 at 10:06am
Yes mr Elliot,because people looks for reviews of the amplifiers that are still on the market,not for amplifiers from 40+ years ago LOL i have the EmPro Audio ch on youtube just to show them how they work and internals Smile

Edited by EmPro - 13 May 2023 at 10:07am
EmPro Audio
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 10:36am
You may gain more traffic on your channel if you bench the amplifiers. There are a few channels that offer such videos and they have a reasonable amount of traffic. You will not get the general consumer that buys based on marketing hype. Your traffic will be viewers that are more on the technical side of things. Similar to EEVBlog. 

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 10:46am
i would like there to be more documentation of repairs of power amps on youtube channels. i think it would be a valuable contribution to the internet, to just talk through how someone goes about identifying and addressing different problems with amplifiers.
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2023 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by cravings cravings wrote:

i would like there to be more documentation of repairs of power amps on youtube channels. i think it would be a valuable contribution to the internet, to just talk through how someone goes about identifying and addressing different problems with amplifiers.

Well mate,i did do this couple of good yeas ago and had thousands of followers on my YT ch,but then the nice thing tuned into bad thing as the people accused me of fakes repairs as they been used fake parts and ofcourse there repairs gone wrong and starts to blame me for it,i remember i deleted the whole yt ch with more then 120 videos in christmas day...when some idiot sent me a bunch of.....nice words for me and my family as he didn't manage to fix his $hit because he blow it up due to fake cheap parts he used,he ruined my mood and i said stop to this bull$hit and i deleted the entire ch....however after the Ch was deleted people start looking for me to find out what is going on and then i felt sorry for them...as a lot of them told me i was usefull for them...but way to late Smile

Edited by EmPro - 18 May 2023 at 11:18pm
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 10:51pm
Carver PM 1200 the worst amp design i ever worked so far... i almost want to throw it away but i changed my mind and give it a chance to life again...so the list of faults were:
-faulty low rails capacitors blown up
-faulty bridge rectifiers from diodes went to resistors
-faulty both fans wont spin even by force
-faulty both pots didn't move at all,like welded
-thermal paste dry out..more like a concrete...
-rusted bolts and nuts shorting couple transistors to case
-a lot of oxide on the circuits hard to clean and hard to solder on

After sorting all these out and made a small modd to the low voltage caps i test it and works flawless,now i need to order 4 small profile 2200-4700uf/80-100v caps and fix them as my one are way bigger and i cannot fix the input board back...

Edited by EmPro - 23 May 2023 at 12:03am
EmPro Audio
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 11:02pm
And something that i love,BGW 250D,all parts original,works flawless except the pots,little cracking but i'll fix them and give this baby a new thermal paste,a nice clean and i think new filter caps as he will join his big brother BGW 750B i own.

Edited by EmPro - 22 May 2023 at 11:03pm
EmPro Audio
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 11:35pm

Was the amplifier soaking in water?

Best Regards, 

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 22 May 2023 at 11:36pm
Elliot Thompson
EmPro View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EmPro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 11:42pm
To be honest i've no ideea,looks like but is not...as not all the parts were rusty...i think has something to do with club smokes and carbonic ice,as the most affected areas were where the fans circulates air...so it cannot be water damage...unless was playing on a pool....i don't know what to say.

Edited by EmPro - 22 May 2023 at 11:43pm
EmPro Audio
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 1:32am
Doing a lot of Electrical work in areas surrounded by sea water, such corrosion is very commonly found on a lot of metal objects conducting electricity (Inside Panel Boxes). Usually very damp environments (Basements) with a lot of salt in the air. 

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:34am
"Carver PM 1200 the worst amp design i ever worked so far..."

Aaah - the famous "Magnetic Field Amplifier" design. I'm surprised that there are any of those still about. They were terrible. The exact opposite of KISS....   Dead

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 71>