Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Suggestions for replacement subwoofer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestions for replacement subwoofer
    Posted: 26 July 2022 at 2:00pm
I need advice on what sub I can use as a proper replacement for a subwoofer ported box dimensions are 19 x 17 x 14.5. The sub that was in there was a 12” 8ohm / 600watts. Thanks for your help!

If anyone needs to know the boxes in question are the 
Void venu bass. 
www.Truth-Sessions.com
www.AldoRonSanchez.com
sn95 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2022 at 3:24pm
My suggestion is that you Find the specs for the original driver and try to locate one with as close as you can specs. Then I would simulate it in one of the programs and compare to the original driver
BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2022 at 8:57am
Yup, either what sn95 says, or hit up Void directly, or Toastyghost here maybe, as he has a lot of Void knowledge.
Best to put something like the original driver in.
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2022 at 12:40pm
It’s been a long time since I saw that box, but I believe it was the install variant of the Mycro Bass.

If so, the OEM part was designated V12-500N2-MB, which is originally the D12 40W-2 model driver from A&D-audio in China. It's the same driver in the Arcline S sub. It’s a 4-inch voice coil with 600W AES rating, according to the manual from manualslib.com

I don't know what the current equivalent from them is. Their catalogue is here, with several 12" in the "D Series" http://www.ad-audio.com/uploads/soft/pdf/A&D%20AUDIO%20%202017%20Catalogue.pdf

Perhaps the D12G610N is the current equivalent:
http://www.ad-audio.com/web/WOOFER/12inch/Neodyminm/70.html

It might also now be in the “K Series” as I seem to remember the box using a ferrite magnet. If so, perhaps the K12G510? http://ad-audio.com/web/WOOFER/12inch/Ferrite/76.html

Blue Aran also sell spares of the original https://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?id=VODV12500N2&browsemode=category although you might want to verify lead times right now…

You might be able to visually match from that catalogue, or I'm sure they'd be happy to advise. You can find their contact info at www.ad-audio.com

Alternatively, it's a fairly simple cabinet so you could just measure the internal volume, plus the length, diameter and thickness of the ports to make a model in WinISD, Hornresp, or VituixCAD and try out various drivers virtually.

Edited by toastyghost - 27 July 2022 at 12:57pm
BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2022 at 9:06am
Shit, did I say his name three times in the mirror??? :P

Big up Kyle, always
 Post Reply Post Reply