Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Chat > Roots n Culture Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Paraflex in reggae

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luton_soundman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2022 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by luton_soundman luton_soundman wrote:

So forgetting about sims and plots, how does 1x21" paraflex, compare with a decent 21" Full Scoop,   32hz - 100hz !?

Not even comparable to a shutter ply 18" sb with minimal bracing. I wouldnt even use paraflex for pa let alone reggae. Definatly a design that shouldnt have left the work shop imo. 

In my universe,  a 1x21 paraflex, would need to "Thanos"  a 1x21 Full Scoop, 32hz-90hz, to justify it's existence. 

Just a strange cab. Big in size but doesnt play very low but also doesnt play the higher end all that great. And the throw/coverage hasnt been good from what ive witnessed. I've put my 21" project on hold for now but that would be the last cab id go for. 
Sound Hire/Sales new/used equipment.
turbo7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2023 at 12:27pm
A scoop loaded with 18XB can have 14dB less output at 33Hz than a "good" scoop. The 15DS115 is much stronger and shifts more air than the 18XB 
JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2023 at 1:26pm

Edited by JamesH - 17 January 2023 at 1:26pm
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2023 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by turbo7 turbo7 wrote:

A scoop loaded with 18XB can have 14dB less output at 33Hz than a "good" scoop. The 15DS115 is much stronger and shifts more air than the 18XB 

Yes, a Fane 18XB loaded Scoop, may sound more musical and smooth than many others, but what I class as a "good Scoop", would be a Scoop optimal for PD1851 or 18NLW9601, being powered by K20 or Void Inf8MK2.

That's when you are closing on an ultimate 18" Scoop, worthy of comparison to other cab designs.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
vibes92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibes92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2023 at 8:40am
theres a dance coming up in leicester with 3 sounds and they all have paraflex

concrete lion
sinai
epiphany 

Shocked

Edited by vibes92 - 08 February 2023 at 8:40am
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2023 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by vibes92 vibes92 wrote:

theres a dance coming up in leicester with 3 sounds and they all have paraflex

concrete lion
sinai
epiphany 

Shocked

Probably for the best so no one shows up the other
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2023 at 6:24am
I've seen sounds go from scoops to paraflex, and not the other way around. What does that mean?

levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2023 at 8:53am
People buy and sell for different reasons, logic cannot always be deduced from it.

Some people don't like Paraflex, some don't like Scoops, some love 2x18 reflex above everything also, some say 2x18 reflex are not efficient enough, Rig owner can do what they want, it's their money.
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2023 at 9:05am
Also depends from what you move on. If you go from a scoop loaded with drivers like the Fane XB and go to something with a 18DS115. Chances are big you will get an improvement with any other design with that size.
JamesH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamesH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2023 at 9:30am

People buy and sell for different reasons, logic cannot always be deduced from it.

Some people don't like Paraflex, some don't like Scoops, some love 2x18 reflex above everything also, some say 2x18 reflex are not efficient enough, Rig owner can do what they want, it's their money.

This is it, basically.
Reggae sounds, they like what they like.
People like the "new" thing. Some, like the older ways.
And some want to be on the "bleeding edge".

As long as the dance runs nice, it's all good
vibes92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vibes92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2023 at 9:47am
i have heard concrete lion at there launch dance, sounded very heavy!

i heard sinai at subdub sounded very heavy 

and i heard ital power the other week with new qss 18" scoops very heavy

also jah youth with double 18" sounded very heavy 

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2023 at 10:01am
Originally posted by Maze Maze wrote:

I've seen sounds go from scoops to paraflex, and not the other way around. What does that mean?

paraflex is a new design. notice the number of people NOT switching to paraflex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>