Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CVR-D3002

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudeboy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CVR-D3002
    Posted: 14 October 2022 at 3:06pm
Has anyone tryied this amp? I have 2k euro ish of budget and I what a class D with more or less this power but it has been more than a month now that I've been scrolling online markets and asking in groups and to folks around my town but a used K10 is apparently no longer possible to be found and I live in the hometown of Powersoft. The only one I found was 5 hours away and 600 euros out of (the already very high for my pockets) budget.
Now, I want to clear out that I've been an iNuke owner . . . . . . . . .  and I don't want to do this error ever again and I'm still sticking with the plan of waiting and digging for a K10 at a price I can afford (even less thna a year ago a K10 for 1.7k-1.9k was common) but I'm also starting to consider some other ways. What is different from the inuke is that these CVR-Ds are very well reviewed on the internet and also by the members of the audio community of my town that have hear one. There is also a youtube video of a man with both a 3002 and a K20 opened and displayed on a desk and he just compares the guts pointing out that the cvr-d have nothing to envy to the italian lad. I unfortunately don't personally know any owner of these and I've never hear one play (not that I know at least..) so I'm pretty scared. Maybe some of the crocs of this forum can change my mind OR make me stick more confidentially on my plan, or even show a third way. 

Followin' the vibes
Maze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2022 at 2:20am
My, humble opinion, buy what you can afford.

People who do enough gigs to afford Powersoft should buy Powersoft or similar, people with shitloads of money who can afford to spend Powersoft money on their hobby can buy them too. If you are on a budget go for CVR or Admark or something used. Like you said, there is enough feedback out there on CVR etc. to know that these amps will get the job done.
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2022 at 9:33am
U can buy at least 3 D 3002 for K 10 money. I own 2, 2 D3302 and a D 2004. No issues whatsoever in 3 years at regular 2r (yes, I said it!) usage. That being said I use 4r regularly too.

Rudeboy94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rudeboy94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2022 at 10:38am
Thanks for sharing your opinion boys, very well appreciated. Smile
Followin' the vibes
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2022 at 9:07am
dumping this here too in case it's useful for you

made a spreadsheet for the paraflex group on fb listing all the chinese amps out there - thought it would be handy for comparison.

never got round to finishing it but here it is anyway

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19Dsf3QfAWpwP3k2TRustJ9nPgoIoXSpiPHkFz6yKUP4/edit#gid=0

it could do with finishing if anyone wants to fill out a bit more info :)
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 12:59pm

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

I see more CVR in use globally than any others. Preference plays a factor. The differential in output is not noticeable enough between the AD 42 and, K 35/30. However, it would make sense to buy the AD 42 for it is supposed to offer more current on demand than the K 35/30.

Best Regards,

Heard much good feedback Worldwide, regarding D3002.

Recently I'm hearing better feedback about Admark AD42.

Latest news I heard, many of the people in West Indies, who rave about CVR and Admarks, are running them with HPF of 55Hz up.

Also told K30 and K35 gave Admarks a bad name, and AD42 is superior.

Edited by levyte357- - 12 December 2022 at 1:05pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 4:12pm
Ask those that say the K30/K35 gave Admark a bad name, how much power each one of their woofers are rated. You will find many will gravitate to the highest wattage power amplifier as it is easier to drive their loudspeakers. 

All my speakers are overpowered today. However I remember in the early 1990's, I would prefer using my 400 watt woofers than my 600 watt woofers on the QSC EX 4000 for they were easier to drive. 

400 watts versus 600 watts is a mere 1.76 dB difference. The same thing applies to the AD 42 versus the K 30 (1.71 dB Differential). From a sound pressure level, there is not a huge difference. However tonally, there is a difference. 

Best Regards,   

Edited by Elliot Thompson - 12 December 2022 at 4:16pm
Elliot Thompson
taurusty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taurusty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 4:57pm
U certain bout the 55, Levyte?
Most ppl na use scoops here anymore. I HPF mine at 38Hz still....LR the 48 db//oct.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2022 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by taurusty taurusty wrote:

U certain bout the 55, Levyte?
Most ppl na use scoops here anymore. I HPF mine at 38Hz still....LR the 48 db//oct.

Yo sir,

Was not mentioning Scoops regarding this.

One of my mates, chats to plenty JA crews, and he told me what he was told.

T Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2022 at 11:36pm
I run an Admark AD42 per 4 Paraflex silvers. Crossed at 25Hz HPF. 4ohm stereo.
2 years now and still running strong. Not so much as a hiccup. In fact, out of the 20 or so people i know with them, not one person has had an issue with their amps. And i've put mine thru its paces. Multiple 3 day outdoor weekend raves where it gets a 4hr period in the morning to recoup, then go for another 20hours straight. All while dealing with the elements (obviously not rain or water). 
Nothing to say but good things about Admark. I'm also now using their modules in active cabinets i'm building.

Edited by T Willy - 13 December 2022 at 11:37pm
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2022 at 12:18am
Originally posted by T Willy T Willy wrote:

I run an Admark AD42 per 4 Paraflex silvers. Crossed at 25Hz HPF. 4ohm stereo.
2 years now and still running strong. Not so much as a hiccup. In fact, out of the 20 or so people i know with them, not one person has had an issue with their amps. And i've put mine thru its paces. Multiple 3 day outdoor weekend raves where it gets a 4hr period in the morning to recoup, then go for another 20hours straight. All while dealing with the elements (obviously not rain or water). 
Nothing to say but good things about Admark. I'm also now using their modules in active cabinets i'm building.

Are these 8 ohm cabs?

What is your music material, sir?
T Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2022 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Are these 8 ohm cabs?

What is your music material, sir?

Correct. single driver, 8 ohm cabs.
Music content can change, but the bulk of it is DnB and hard techno.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>