Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > Scoops
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bass Amp survery - Scoop System Owners

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2022 at 10:23am
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

same design as the admark/morin/cvr amps with some differences in fans and cap ratings. but sinbosen are offering a 3 year warranty - best I negotiated out of the others was 2 years.

Why choose Sinbosen D2-3000 D4-2000 digital amplifier compared with other companies (sinbosenaudio.com)

BTW bottom right image on that page shows a sinbosen badged amp with the 220uF Samxon caps found in cvr amps rather than the 270uF nichicon they say they now use.

Have you tried 1x yet?

I have 4 ohm drivers, and was intending to use lower rated, 1u k20 lookalike model, for 1x per channel, but economics is just not making sense.

Edited by levyte357- - 08 November 2022 at 10:26am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2022 at 11:16am
I've got CVR 2004 and 1004 and Morin K420. Haven't had a chance to push them to limit on bass drivers yet. 1004 amps are on an install and not breaking a sweat. DSP interface is nice.
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2022 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

Originally posted by fat_brstd fat_brstd wrote:

I have played alongside a sound system using FFA10K on sub a fair few times and also heard them play a lot. He runs PD1850 in supers off the FFA10K and regularly runs 8 boxes off the 1 amp. Personally I think that is a very good amp, pretty much on par with my PL380's. Personally I would take that over a K10/K20 but that is mainly a tone thing rather than power limitations, never been a fan of the K series tone.

Wondering what's max current, anyone ever seen FFA10 pull?

The FFA10K is a bit of a weird one as it has 2 power supplies that each take a 16A powercon input. The guy I know who has one runs it off a distro with 20A breakers and he has never tripped one from over current but he is only running half of the amp on any one leg of a 3 phase.

I dont think they took current draw measurements when they did the big shootout at abletronics back in the day but it scored exactly the same as the PL380 at 40hz (2916w into 4ohms)
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
king david View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king david Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2022 at 10:45pm
The FFA can do 3 or 4 drivers a side much better than the pl380, they are closer at 4ohms

Edited by king david - 08 November 2022 at 10:48pm
http://www.warriorcharge.noblogs.org
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2022 at 8:19am
These :)

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2022 at 9:12am
https://www.sinbosenaudio.com/sinbosen-fp22000q-p00095p1.html

i have heard this amp running turbomax scoops and the bass was very good indeed with head room 
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2022 at 9:14am
@MarjanM are they the same as the elements amplifiers???
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2022 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

https://www.sinbosenaudio.com/sinbosen-fp22000q-p00095p1.html

i have heard this amp running turbomax scoops and the bass was very good indeed with head room 

Hi mate, was it 2x channels running 4x drivers, other 2x channels running kick bass?
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 2:13pm

Yes, Ben and I worked hard with the supplier to make those as reliable as possible!

Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 3:35pm
https://www.elements-audio.com/shop/amplification/ck26-detail

i was really interested in this one ( to replace my pxm 1450  )but it seems there are none about 
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
vertx View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vertx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2022 at 10:42pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Yes, Ben and I worked hard with the supplier to make those as reliable as possible!

I've currently been trialing these and was considering providing them for people down here.

Unfortunately 1 of 5 I've received has had an issue. On arrival, the amp that arrived with a fault was producing electronic noise from one of the channels when connected to a driver, and the amp smelt like burning when powered on. Many weeks of back and forth, taking voltage, ohm, and other measurements for them, they sent me out a new input module, which I replaced, and it seemed to mostly fix the issue, although I'm not too happy with the QC and overall experience, I hope you've had a better run.
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2022 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by vertx vertx wrote:

Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I've currently been trialing these and was considering providing them for people down here.

Unfortunately 1 of 5 I've received has had an issue. On arrival, the amp that arrived with a fault was producing electronic noise from one of the channels when connected to a driver, and the amp smelt like burning when powered on. Many weeks of back and forth, taking voltage, ohm, and other measurements for them, they sent me out a new input module, which I replaced, and it seemed to mostly fix the issue, although I'm not too happy with the QC and overall experience, I hope you've had a better run.
We have sold over 500 units all over the world and the failure rate is extremely low and we had none of them fail because of factory defects but operator fault. Our SP2.26 are driving 3 18NLW9601 per channel effortlessly. 
Some number of our amps are coming to AU trough our AU distributor Buzz Hire. Container should ship next week.

Edited by MarjanM - 12 November 2022 at 3:13pm
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>