FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sinai RC1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 27>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 3:09pm
any idea what drivers were in the hog scoops? just curious 
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
Randy Bohannon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy Bohannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 2:34pm
That’s nothing, you try arguing with capacitor fanboys, not only do they claim to be able to hear subtle differences in -120dB distortion profiles but they also put their money where their mouths are and pay hundreds for “best” examples and sniff at you if you can’t hear the difference out of -10/-20/-30dB distortion profile (meaning rather quite high end) speakers… 

Edited by Randy Bohannon - 23 November 2022 at 2:35pm
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 1:32pm
Mr. "Sue Everyone" Flared Trousers?  LOL

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 11:51am
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Over the years, I've seen what could be called "cult following" with several brands or designs, but this one definitely takes the cake. Facebook!!    LOL LOL LOL

And are 21" drivers so cheap these days that people will willy-nilly  fork out to try them out? If so, someone is missing out on a great business opportunity there! 

And I thought that we were going to see some data/graphs? Any news on that??

No one can top L'acoustics users ever and forever when "cult" behavior is in question. :)

You people have never met the vintage stage accompany crowd :)
MarjanM View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarjanM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Earplug Earplug wrote:

Over the years, I've seen what could be called "cult following" with several brands or designs, but this one definitely takes the cake. Facebook!!    LOL LOL LOL

And are 21" drivers so cheap these days that people will willy-nilly  fork out to try them out? If so, someone is missing out on a great business opportunity there! 

No one can top L'acoustics users ever and forever when "cult" behavior is in question. :)
Marjan Milosevic
MM-Acoustics
www.mm-acoustics.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/MM-Acoustics/608901282527713
Lammbock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lammbock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 10:40am
Getting back to a normal discussion with some informations, in best case graphs etc. would be the best outcome of this thread to my mind.

If people are speaking about community and developement, now it`s time to get into this again and if there are some issues with the speakers ( it does not matter if paraflex, RC1 or whatever), we could talk and improve about them now. But it`s the choice of the owners of the sound systems if help communal talk and if needed help is wanted. 

Peace out...
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 10:24am

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 10:12am

I guess that must be the thinking, but maybe if someone is determined not to develop even the most basic competence in what they are doing, just get someone else to do it for them. if it's your first rodeo try a birdbox instead of a 100kg loudspeaker. I wouldn't want to compromise thousands of pounds of investment for the sake of a few minutes adjusting the angle on my saw

this is the best to come out of this thread; Help the birds, start learning to build with angles. 

Edited by Bams - 23 November 2022 at 10:13am
Bams View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 10:11am
Double post.

Edited by Bams - 23 November 2022 at 11:50am
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 10:07am
Originally posted by Aulert Aulert wrote:

Not me personally (I built wsx’s) but that’s the thinking of a lot of people, however you can clearly cut and build a paraflex a lot simpler and quicker than a horn of a similar size without question. 

You haven’t got to keep changing and checking your blade angles correct plus a lot of the plans are mirrored so your cutting a lot of the same panel. Also with the actual build your just banging together square panels at 90 degree to another which is much simpler than joining angles and lining up multiple panels.

Also a lot of cnc’s don’t do angles so again they’re winning on that front.

I’m pretty sure HOQS designed them this way to appeal to everyone which is great for a beginner. 

I guess that must be the thinking, but maybe if someone is determined not to develop even the most basic competence in what they are doing, just get someone else to do it for them. if it's your first rodeo try a birdbox instead of a 100kg loudspeaker. I wouldn't want to compromise thousands of pounds of investment for the sake of a few minutes adjusting the angle on my saw.
Pasi View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pasi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by MarjanM MarjanM wrote:

I just love these people that just joined SP to support any of the sides. :)

Yep, same here.

Long thread but highly entertaining. 
Aulert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aulert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 11:08pm
Not me personally (I built wsx’s) but that’s the thinking of a lot of people, however you can clearly cut and build a paraflex a lot simpler and quicker than a horn of a similar size without question. 

You haven’t got to keep changing and checking your blade angles correct plus a lot of the plans are mirrored so your cutting a lot of the same panel. Also with the actual build your just banging together square panels at 90 degree to another which is much simpler than joining angles and lining up multiple panels.

Also a lot of cnc’s don’t do angles so again they’re winning on that front.

I’m pretty sure HOQS designed them this way to appeal to everyone which is great for a beginner. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 27>