Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sinai RC1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 3:31pm
Hi. good to hear your perspective. Did you notice how Sinai were powering their subs. single channel or bridged? 8ohm or 4ohm drivers?

my take on the paraflex phenomenon from lurking on their FB page is that it's mostly based on apparently giving people something (the designs) for free, creating a social media community that excludes critical voices, and lots of hype and confirmation bias. in other words - a cult LOL
RC1 Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

Hi. good to hear your perspective. Did you notice how Sinai were powering their subs. single channel or bridged? 8ohm or 4ohm drivers?

my take on the paraflex phenomenon from lurking on their FB page is that it's mostly based on apparently giving people something (the designs) for free, creating a social media community that excludes critical voices, and lots of hype and confirmation bias. in other words - a cult LOL

Hi Snowflake, I didn't ask about amp config and impedances.  I noticed that they appeared to be using half the channels on each of two Powersoft X8 amps, so maybe one bin per channel.  To be honest I'm sure with Hugh's experience he was running them properly, and you could smell his drivers a little so they were getting some power.

Regarding the second point I fear I have noticed similar things that point towards similar conclusions, I don't like it but it is not really any of my business.  Interesting to see others in the industry developing the same conclusions though.
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by lickweed lickweed wrote:

Looks like 8 x 18" vs 3 x 21"

4 minis wud smoke both of them LOL  i have heard a paraflex rig the bass was weird dont like the sound dont sound rite in my opinion Dead
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

4 minis wud smoke both of them LOL  i have heard a paraflex rig the bass was weird dont like the sound dont sound rite in my opinion Dead

A wise man would check out his adversaries before picking his battles...  However, this thread is all about the Paraflex craze and I'm pleased to see you also share my opinions on them.
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by jammin75 jammin75 wrote:

Originally posted by lickweed lickweed wrote:

Looks like 8 x 18" vs 3 x 21"

I've got two 10" tapped horns that would smoke both of them and your mini's ,  totally agree about the sound of the bass, at last we are hearing some honest opinions, that's how progress is made.

Edited by concept-10 - 14 November 2022 at 6:42pm
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 6:52pm
volume displacement of 2*15" is similar to 1*21" but the total motor mass is greater.  with 8*15" drivers it looks like RC1 just brought far more sub....   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by kipman725 kipman725 wrote:

volume displacement of 2*15" is similar to 1*21" but the total motor mass is greater.  with 8*15" drivers it looks like RC1 just brought far more sub....   

With the greatest of respect, the question here is not why RC1 performed so well (although I'm always happy to accept compliments), but rather why the Paraflex didn't.  For their box volume they were unimpressive on SPL and couldn't play low sub notes and distorted/coloured the sound and response was all over the place.  RC1 had plenty of SPL, hit all the lowest notes, played clean and defined and had a fairly smooth response curve, RC1 is not the problem.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

A cult that just removed a post pointing to this forum thread and then banned the guy from the Paraflex FB pages, the mind boggles.
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by RC1 Sound System RC1 Sound System wrote:

Originally posted by kipman725 kipman725 wrote:

With the greatest of respect, the question here is not why RC1 performed so well (although I'm always happy to accept compliments), but rather why the Paraflex didn't.  For their box volume they were unimpressive on SPL and couldn't play low sub notes and distorted/coloured the sound and response was all over the place.  RC1 had plenty of SPL, hit all the lowest notes, played clean and defined and had a fairly smooth response curve, RC1 is not the problem.

Totally agree, this thread that I started was not really about how well your rig performed, it was more about how the Paraflex rig didn't, how many drivers you had or amps you had is not really the point, the point is that the Paraflex community have been banding these designs around as if they are the holy grail, even if they had the same level of out put as you my opinion would be the same regarding the missing low notes and the very odd upper notes and the general sound of the bass cabs. 
MMJ of HOQS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMJ of HOQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:41pm
Concept-10, 

If anyone comes into a public group and spams by paste bombing the same message into several different comments sections (of different posts) all within the same minute or two you are going to be blocked from the group if the admins are doing their job ....  

MMJ of HOQS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMJ of HOQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:43pm
So don't bother trying to misrepresent what just happened . .
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:44pm
Originally posted by MMJ of HOQS MMJ of HOQS wrote:

Concept-10, 

If anyone comes into a public group and spams by paste bombing the same message into several different comments sections (of different posts) all within the same minute or two you are going to be blocked from the group if the admins are doing their job ....  

His initial post pointing to this thread was declined so he put it on a couple of other posts, but whatever you say boss  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 27>