Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sinai RC1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MMJ of HOQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:54pm
I didn't see any initial post because it was blocked by our automatic filters (I just checked the group's activity log)  .... All that I saw was a flurry of obnoxious spamming in several places all within a minute or two from "Luke Page"  ....  
RC1 Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by MMJ of HOQS MMJ of HOQS wrote:

So don't bother trying to misrepresent what just happened . .

Hi MMJ, so pleased to see you are up for joining this thread.  Please see my posts above in this thread, I would be so grateful if you had any answers to make sense of what I cannot reconcile.  Indeed, if you can set us straight on these points it might save a lot of us audio professionals in the UK from losing any respect for what you have worked so hard towards, as a lot of us all have these same questions in our minds right now.  If you can't or choose not to answer them then I guess we will just have to draw our own conclusion from that accordingly.  Cheers, Jon.
T Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:02pm
I can make an honest assessment...
Rc1, how about you put 1 of your beloved cabs up against 1 of Huw's cabs. Same amp, same drive level?
But you wont. Cause you operate off power density and then sit here conceded like you just won a prize or something.
How bout you take that grill of your subs to expose whats really inside the cabs?
T Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:07pm
And even at that point, your cabs still have more cone surface area and greater motor strength then a single nlw9601.
Sounds to me like a completely one sided event meant to make you look good. Especially when you told huw what he could bring and limited him. Sounds perfectly parallel to your persona you have shown here, and on facebook.
TheSoundGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TheSoundGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:08pm
Hey Guys

I caught this post on facebook, I super enjoy shootout's but I would like to be fair here and very much show no bias to either kit on that floor - right?

Please can we start any product or brand conversation with good grounds under better or rational conditions, I say this as a loudspeaker designer and an engineer respectfully to you all.

Secondly if it must be done indoors it would be critical to review 1 single enclosure of each under the correct voltage for each enclosure to define sensitivity and then generate an impulse response for a more realistic A/B. No Offense but I think this post is shameful for any brand or product. Even if the left stack is loaded with 12's which I doubt it is on the Lf front of things.. it would murder that Paraflex rig in shear acoustic power density. This is very distastefully done & to do so on a public forum, cult like following lol yeah maybe the community is very helpful to others of which people genuinely appear happy with the end result and are thankful.

This is not how things are done guy's, I hope you are gentlemen enough to come forward under better conditions to present an A/B for the sake of audio in general. 
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by T Willy T Willy wrote:

Rc1, how about you put 1 of your beloved cabs up against 1 of Huw's cabs. Same amp, same drive level?
But you wont. Cause you operate off power density and then sit here conceded like you just won a prize or something.
How bout you take that grill of your subs to expose whats really inside the cabs?
That would not change the fact that the Paraflex cabs missed the low notes or the odd sounds in the upper bass, I was there listening to both systems,were you ?
carlosdelondres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlosdelondres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:13pm

[...]Cause you operate off power density[...]

I guess the question is, what is it that the paraflex brings to the table then, if power density is written out of the equation?
RC1 Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:14pm

Haha, nice try, people have been asking for years about the technology we use.  I'll add you to that list.
MMJ of HOQS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MMJ of HOQS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:14pm
Hello Jon, 

I suppose I have some questions too .....  

Such as how did the results of supposedly not-so-serious friendly gathering of sound guys listening to music end up being weaponized into the same old couple of agenda driven UK builders bashing Paraflex cabinets yet again?     

If this was a serious competition then don't you suppose someone should have let Huw (Sinai) know about that?       

This wasn't supposed to be any kind of official clash . .

Why was someone given the impression that it was one sort of thing when it was actually going to be another sort of thing?       
Was this simply just a miscommunication?   
Or was someone being intentionally misleading for a purpose? 

We can get into the technical aspects if you like but those other things can be addressed first . .
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:17pm
I think the one thing that is just as bad as the cult like believers of any brand or design is the ones most vocal in their hatred. In this case, it seems like the makers of the Diablo system have twice come on here just to hate on paraflex designs and donโ€™t actually engage in any other discussions for the benefit of the community. 

hairymonk97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hairymonk97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:17pm
So there was nothing obnoxious about my post!! I will copy and paste exactly what I put here:

Hey all, I run a soundsystem in the UK called
Riggertek and have also been producing cabs
for a few years for people around the UK. We
have our own unique sound system that is called
DIABLO... why am I telling you this ? To give you
some background info and so that you don't
think I'm just some I am a prised idioton the internet who has
never seen the world and just a keyboard warrior
(although some of you probably will anyway) So
this weekend RC1 and Sinai met up for an event.
I was meant to go myself but sadly could not
make it which I was massively disappointed by,
especially as I have been questioning paraflex
(along with many others) for a while now.
However after speaking to lots of people at the
event it has become apparent what a few of us
have been thinking... I've attached the
speakerplans forums for people to read/
contribute too. I'm probably going to get some
hate for this but feel like this is something
people should look into reading before building/
buying.
forum.speakerplans.com

I posted this in the group and it got declined which I thought was very odd especially as I hadnโ€™t put anything offensive or rude. So I thought I would try it again and once again it was declined. You can go to my fb page and see the screenshot. So because of this I decided to post it on 3-4 posts of yours so people could see by which point I was banned. I have built paraflex for previous customers before and tried and tested them myself. The problem with your cult is your getting people to spend heinous amounts of cash of boxes which quite frankly are s**t for there size! As soon as anyone tries speaking out about it an army of brainwashed fanatics will come out with every exscuse under the sun as to why and you get banned or blocked!! I would be happy to put a months wages on if you put 1 RC1 box agaisnt one paraflex once again paraflex would be made to look silly. I make this assumption based on actually building and testing them myself.   
hairymonk97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairymonk97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:20pm
Iโ€™ve built and made paraflex boxes along with many others what more do you want ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 27>