Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sinai RC1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 27>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 8:31pm
James, on a tangent, while Ur here, u any Or3s available n ready?
Timebomb View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timebomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 8:46pm
They need spraying but have some stock, can you email me or facebook.

Cheers.
James Secker          facebook.com/soundgearuk
James@soundgear.co.uk               www.soundgear.co.uk
BigSoundNorthWest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2022 at 9:16pm
Sound, I'll email u.

Ftr, the BEST BASS BOX I own, some mad prototype type thing, with an EEEEEVIL little 15" neo Faital ..
was built by Timebomb / Soundgear .. 

Closely followed by my BP boxes, 
Then Soundgear/Timebombs Orbit3 boxes
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2022 at 1:34am
Having heard both of these rigs but not together, my take without picking sides would be RC1 when i first heard it i was not impressed at all on two occasions, then the third time i heard it there was a techinical problem and Jon was not present, the power was lost to the back of the subs or amplifiers, when it was turned back on no lie the bass was like nothing i have ever felt before and tripped me up infront of the stack, then i witnessed it at Echoes in Loughborough and although it seemed not turned up it sounded like a smooth giant Hihi.

From what i have gathered and listening to Rc1, the surface area displacing the air does not sound like a traditional cone, maybe it is a flat reinforced diaphragm just a tad smaller then the box so that would be around four 18 drivers depending the displacment and you can hear something weird on a fast drum type kick note. a flat stiff diaphragm could be acheived with a lightweight composite material and has alot more surface area that a circle but will have more mass but could be solved with extreme power and very high force.

I think he uses technology similar to the powersoft m force but with a slight twist aswell as using some form of cooling or dc servo motors look at danley contrabass or the pheonix cyclone gold. maybe this is why he needs so much current in to a low impedance load of around 1 or 2 ohms per sub this is why the Ca18 needed mods internally so it would supply huge amounts of current that most amplifiers would struggle with.

I could be completley wrong this is just me guessing from when i have studied on how you can acheive maximum spl from such a small enclosures, unless they are just isobaric loaded 4x 15" long excursion drivers.

I have listen to a few paraflex boxes and for a diy plan they are not that bad, they are never going to be fully flat and perfect but they have not had millions spent on R&D so what should one expect.

Jamie
Resonant Sounds
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.
hmaudio View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hmaudio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2022 at 1:50am
Also RC1 uses what looks like 22mm ply of somekind, man has took it another level.
Nottingham based cab builder. https://www.facebook.com/HMAudio-154352667920145/?ref=bookmarks
This account is used by 2 people.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2022 at 3:22pm

Edited by BigSoundNorthWest - 29 November 2022 at 9:56pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigSoundNorthWest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2022 at 3:24pm
I like your thinking about his boxes too.
Makes a lot of sense what u say, having heard it
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2022 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by BigSoundNorthWest BigSoundNorthWest wrote:

More likely 25.4mm IE, an inch

22mm is a commonly available sheet size, I’d trust HMAudio meant what he said LOL
toastyghost View Drop Down
The 10,000 Points Club
The 10,000 Points Club

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toastyghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2022 at 2:03pm
Just a small update; T Willy has kindly shared his measurement data with me, and I’ve given it a look over. There are some trends present that I expected to see, but I want to gather my own data before drawing any conclusions.

Luckily, that might well be happening this weekend so… watch this space

Edit: in the meantime, some folk might have missed the discussion & modelling I did on the big boy Paraflex back at the start of this year. Here’s that old thread:
https://forum.speakerplans.com/skram-vs-c2e-subwoofers-info-research_topic106775.html

Edited by toastyghost - 30 November 2022 at 2:15pm
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2022 at 2:55pm
exciting news, correctly performed sub comparisons using identical test methodology!
T Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2022 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

Just a small update; T Willy has kindly shared his measurement data with me, and I’ve given it a look over. There are some trends present that I expected to see, but I want to gather my own data before drawing any conclusions.

Luckily, that might well be happening this weekend so… watch this space

Edit: in the meantime, some folk might have missed the discussion & modelling I did on the big boy Paraflex back at the start of this year. Here’s that old thread:

Really enjoyed our conversations and your insight into taking proper measurements. I appreciate your time for sure! Hopefully things work out this weekend as I'm myself interested in a proper test measurement.
Also if you can, please try and get one from the rear of the cab to test rejection. I know its been modeled to say differently, but ears are not deceiving. These things are very quiet behind them, compared to in front of them.
RoadRunnersDust View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoadRunnersDust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2022 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by T Willy T Willy wrote:

but ears are not deceiving.

Strongly disagree LOL 
That’s literally the whole premise of the Bose effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 27>