Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sinai RC1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 27>
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by al_x al_x wrote:

I think the one thing that is just as bad as the cult like believers of any brand or design is the ones most vocal in their hatred. In this case, it seems like the makers of the Diablo system have twice come on here just to hate on paraflex designs and don’t actually engage in any other discussions for the benefit of the community. 

I pointed out that the cabs missed low notes and had some odd things going on in the upper bass range, that's not hatred or bashing, It's a fact that has been said by others who were actually there, as a system designer and builder I see flaws in the designs and have pointed them out and every time I get called a hater and basher, but if it makes you feel better then more power to you Smile
RC1 Sound System View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RC1 Sound System Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by MMJ of HOQS MMJ of HOQS wrote:

Hello Jon, 

I suppose I have some questions too .....  

Such as how did the results of supposedly not-so-serious friendly gathering of sound guys listening to music end up being weaponized into the same old couple of agenda driven UK builders bashing Paraflex cabinets yet again?     

If this was a serious competition then don't you suppose someone should have let Huw (Sinai) know about that?       

This wasn't supposed to be any kind of official clash . .

Why was someone given the impression that it was one sort of thing when it was actually going to be another sort of thing?       
Was this simply just a miscommunication?   
Or was someone being intentionally misleading for a purpose? 

We can get into the technical aspects if you like but those other things can be addressed first . .

It wasn't a competition or clash, it was a friendly meet up.  In that regard I have been careful not to give any impression on social media of it being a clash, or indeed to compare rig performance at all.  I have done nothing at all negative on social media to paint the performance of Hugh or Sinai or Paraflex in a bad light, and I have no wish to in the wake of what was a very friendly and enjoyable event for all concerned.  Like you say, if it was a clash or competition then it should have been planned and announced as such.  It was not.  I was simply drawn in to this thread this morning and asked for my personal opinion, of which I could see no harm in simply giving an honest one, and I have aired my concerns and confusement.  If my concerns or opinions (which I know others share) are misguided or incorrect then this would be the perfect opportunity for you to address them if you so choose.  I have no intention of using the event last Saturday or the replies on this thread for my own gains, in fact the RC1 rig I had with me on Saturday is not available commercially for sale anyway and only goes out occasionally on one-off hires to certain events.  The subs our sister company RC Audio manufacture are far more expensive active boxes and would not be likely to compete in the market of lower budget and/or self build passive boxes anyway, so I have no commercial agenda here.
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

I pointed out that the cabs missed low notes and had some odd things going on in the upper bass range, that's not hatred or bashing, It's a fact that has been said by others who were actually there, as a system designer and builder I see flaws in the designs and have pointed them out and every time I get called a hater and basher, but if it makes you feel better then more power to you Smile

My response wasn’t aimed towards you. 
T Willy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T Willy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by RC1 Sound System RC1 Sound System wrote:

Originally posted by T Willy T Willy wrote:

I can make an honest assessment...
Rc1, how about you put 1 of your beloved cabs up against 1 of Huw's cabs. Same amp, same drive level?
But you wont. Cause you operate off power density and then sit here conceded like you just won a prize or something.
How bout you take that grill of your subs to expose whats really inside the cabs?

Haha, nice try, people have been asking for years about the technology we use.  I'll add you to that list.

Hmm sounds oddly familiar...

This real simple guys. Put your money where your mouth is and do an A/B comparison. Until then, you just look like bullies to me. And i dont like bullies. 
hairymonk97 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairymonk97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:34pm
The meet up was same conditions as any normal standard sound clash hence why it can be compared in this manner wether or not the 2 crews were actually advertising it as a clash or just a fun night. They took it in turns to play songs, they had same djs, was set up the same in the same room, had the same power and it’s done on box volume in which this case the paraflex were larger so there was more paraflex rig in that building that rc1, even if the pictures are deceiving  because the Paraflex’s are so deep! 
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:35pm

My response wasn’t aimed towards you. 

I beg to differ, I designed and built Diablo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairymonk97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:35pm
DIABLO will finish having its upgrades and getting to its final stage within the next 2-3 months and I’ll be happy to clash any paraflex system and you can set the conditions seeing as that is the only way might actually get the followers to believe us lol 😂
TheSoundGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheSoundGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:42pm
It would be completely bias for me to remark here - this is my point here.
Take a legitimate measurement, share the response with members of the public or it remains my system is better than yours. 

That give you soo much more grounds to say " look here" this is the on axis response done the right way.. along with 10 other key defining factors which can define if an enclosure is good or poor. 

I to have made some of the Paraflex, I also don't like them in general vs a traditional enclosure but that being 1 aspect which is "personal preference" however my measurements have shown qualitive aspects around said designs.

T Willy, with the greatest conviction this post is not presented correctly and my argument is not weighted in bias which I have share publicly towards Paraflex but the fact remains one must approach this authentically outside of the manner it is being presented here.

Show legitimate A/B testing to the public, that's what I want to see from people and I don't see it here at all. It's respectful, honest and the right way & holds far more weight to the other "better" product in the end.   

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairymonk97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:45pm
“The sound guy” fair comment, more than happy to do soon once the project is completed and will share wherever I haven’t been banned from 👍🏻
al_x View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:50pm

LOL Oh. So it’s you again. Your two contributions to the forum have been shitting on someone else’s design, whilst coincidentally having a design of your own you’re trying to promote Thumbs Up
I wish you all the luck with your design, you’re certainly going about business in a grown up fashion. 
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 8:57pm

LOL Oh. So it’s you again. Your two contributions to the forum have been shitting on someone else’s design, whilst coincidentally having a design of your own you’re trying to promote Thumbs Up
I wish you all the luck with your design, you’re certainly going about business in a grown up fashion. 

I am not trying to promote Diablo in any way, it was a one off design and build for a client a couple of years ago, I have not mentioned Diablo or any of my designs here, I have not shit on anything, I have pointed out that the Paraflex cabs have some issues that have been backed up by others who have also heard them, but as I previously said if you want to call me a hater then good for you :)

smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2022 at 9:06pm
Regarding powerdensity, I would say it is definately important.
It is a trade-off made in the design phase, the same as one could go for extra extension down low over max SPL higher up. So comparing pure volumes is definately not weird imho.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 27>