Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skytone Amplifier (Chinese amps!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 10:32am
you can also buy several amplifiers for the same price as one Powersoft which you can keep in reserve in case of amp failure. 
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 10:42am
Originally posted by kipman725 kipman725 wrote:

you can also buy several amplifiers for the same price as one Powersoft which you can keep in reserve in case of amp failure. 

I heard "someone", setup at a Reggae gig, with Chinese 1U amp, with 4x 8 ohm 21" cabs per side.

Within 15 minutes, the amp was toast.

Apparently this was a "veteran" Reggae sound dude.

Not how I would do it, at all.Ermm

Edited by levyte357- - 06 December 2022 at 10:43am
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 11:15am
Perhaps we should share our experiences of which models have worked for us ;)
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 11:53am

Had convo, with very experienced mate, who tells me, for these 1U 2x channel, "big" Chinese lightweights, for people who insist on loading them with 4-8x  21" subs, the thin line between amp working the whole night, and sub disappearing mid gig, is the HPF setting...

Edited by levyte357- - 06 December 2022 at 11:55am
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 12:17pm
only one anecdotal story but disappointing from Sinbosen which look the best on paper and have a reasonable reputation. It's better not to have to make a warranty claim but if you have to it's nice to know that it will be honoured.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/bad-warranty-experiences-with-sinbosen-amplifiers.3252000/

Have thought of making fake warranty claims for some of my amps to various manufacturers and see what the customer service response is, and then tell them the issue is resolved before they ship a replacement board out.
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

only one anecdotal story but disappointing from Sinbosen which look the best on paper and have a reasonable reputation. It's better not to have to make a warranty claim but if you have to it's nice to know that it will be honoured.

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/bad-warranty-experiences-with-sinbosen-amplifiers.3252000/

Have thought of making fake warranty claims for some of my amps to various manufacturers and see what the customer service response is, and then tell them the issue is resolved before they ship a replacement board out.

This outlines the importance, of thoroughly researching Chinese branded products, and locating relevant social media feedback, before taking the leap.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Admark, and heard few things today, that confirmed why I was hearing conflicting reports from all over the World.

All depends on owners intended use, technical ability, and understanding you cannot use cheap China amp, the same way you would, an established premier brand.

kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 1:50pm
For tops you could build your own amps out of modules from Hypex/ICepower/Pascal: https://www.soundimports.eu/en/icepower-2000as2.html ;
more expensive but good quality. 
Esc4pe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Esc4pe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 4:57pm

I’ve yet to have an issue running oberton 1300 and pd1850 on Jam Q10 or CVR 3002 (Usually crossed at 35hz). Jam Q10 did end up with an unexplainable fault (was only running EV SX300 at the time) but blue Aran sorted it in great timing and all was resolved! Considering I only got the Q10 to run 12s in some KF750s it seriously surprised me when running our hogs, proper versatile little thing it is! Will have some more reputable branded amps to compare with come the new year but as of present the Jam and the CVR work perfectly fine on bass for me! 

Edited by Esc4pe - 06 December 2022 at 4:58pm
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by levyte357- levyte357- wrote:

This outlines the importance, of thoroughly researching Chinese branded products, and locating relevant social media feedback, before taking the leap.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an Admark, and heard few things today, that confirmed why I was hearing conflicting reports from all over the World.

All depends on owners intended use, technical ability, and understanding you cannot use cheap China amp, the same way you would, an established premier brand.

Don't forget making your Money Back with profit! All the amplifiers I've purchased in the past 8 years have paid them self back within the first 3-6 months and they are making me profit by the end of the year.

The majority of products are designed today to be disposable. So, you need to keep that in perspective.

In the case of the guy that posted his rant on AVS Forums, Costa Rica's line voltage is 110 – 120. The symptoms he is describing is based upon not having not enough line voltage.

In regards to the gasoline Generator he posted a video on, the amplifiers are protecting themselves because the voltage being produced by the generator may not be a sinusoidal waveform.

Best Regards,

Elliot Thompson
M4trix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M4trix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2022 at 11:14pm
Never mind. My post was way off topic. Please delete this post.

Edited by M4trix - 07 December 2022 at 5:25pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123