Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Amp Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Skytone Amplifier (Chinese amps!)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubKoala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skytone Amplifier (Chinese amps!)
    Posted: 21 November 2022 at 7:45am
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for a Chinese amp or two.  I have looked into Admark, CVR, Sinbosen and have just come across these Skytone ones.

Does anyone have any experience of these amplifiers below? 

http://www.skytone-audio.com/enshowproduct.asp?id=729

http://www.skytone-audio.com/enshowproduct.asp?id=677

http://www.skytone-audio.com/enshowproduct.asp?id=713

Or experience with any of the other brands mentioned? 

I need amps for 4x1000w 18", 2x500w 15", 2x500 12" and some compression drivers too.

Many thanks!!
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 2:52am
Possibly the ratings are based upon burst for, the Electrolytic voltage they claim cannot offer such power long-term.

Best Regards,
Elliot Thompson
geez View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 12:49pm
I have a Pulse SPA600 and Carlsbro Powerline 400, mint with boxes going for beer tokens
You don't always get what you pay for, but you always pay for what you get.
paulus View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 1:21pm
just buy an old crest ca18 or crown vz5000 for 4 1000w18s ,it will last 20 years and sound nice , mis tops can use anything really ,go older and quality and pref class ab   rather than new and utter dog poop ,just example i have a crown mid range amp and an ecler compression drivers amp, i paid 175 for one and 120 for the other in 2006, i have done 100 and 100s of hire outs and my own partys all over the uk and they are still in the rack and used at every event ro run my mid range and tops , once  a year i hoover them out done , if that was newer lower quality amps i bet i would be on amp number 7 or 8 at least :)

Edited by paulus - 22 November 2022 at 1:27pm
TRENDSETTER SOUND SYSTEM
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by paulus paulus wrote:

just buy an old crest ca18 or crown vz5000 for 4 1000w18s ,it will last 20 years and sound nice , mis tops can use anything really ,go older and quality and pref class ab   rather than new and utter dog poop ,just example i have a crown mid range amp and an ecler compression drivers amp, i paid 175 for one and 120 for the other in 2006, i have done 100 and 100s of hire outs and my own partys all over the uk and they are still in the rack and used at every event ro run my mid range and tops , once  a year i hoover them out done , if that was newer lower quality amps i bet i would be on amp number 7 or 8 at least :)

Yet again, I agree with most of that.. LOL

What is this trend among Reggae dudes, about seeking cheap Chinese tat, that are poor Lab Gruppen/Powersoft copies, but expect them to be better than the original !?

Mate had racks years ago, with Powersoft K20/K10 on sub and kick, and another rack of QSC CX range for mids upwards, and as long as the QSCs were regularly cleaned, they just earned money month after month, providing sweet sound.

In my books, only need to change from that, was to upgrade to X series.

Edited by levyte357- - 22 November 2022 at 1:51pm
Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
kipman725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kipman725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 3:58pm
we have had a good experience so for with Gisen amplifiers: https://www.gisenaudio.com/
(D421 4x4200W 4ohm).  Not a copy of anything ASFIK.  I doubt an old MA5000VZ will last 20 years having repaired them.  By this time PCB tracks are starting to fail, thermal cycling of output transistors is causing output failure etc. they are fixable but replacing whole sets of output transistors isn't cheap and there construction is not conducive for easy repair.  

snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Possibly the ratings are based upon burst for, the Electrolytic voltage they claim cannot offer such power long-term.

Best Regards,

caps on these are similar rating to the other amps mentioned, aren't they?
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2022 at 9:40pm
Before "snowflake" bends my ear again, about generalising Chinese amp bashing.. LOL

Wil admit there are the "few" decent Chinese amps out there, but they are few and far between.

I still wouldn't buy one, unless someone I know, has really put it through it's paces.

Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 1:55am
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Best Regards,

caps on these are similar rating to the other amps mentioned, aren't they?

Yes, they are similar. Marketing can give the uninformed that the Skyline HQ48 will offer 9600 per channel continuous average @ 4 ohms. To achieve that type of power long-term, the caps would need to be around 400 volts minimum.

Best Regards, 

Elliot Thompson
DubKoala View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubKoala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 8:09am
Thanks to those that have replied.  I live in NZ and going out and buying old amps is near impossible compared to the UK, EU and US as there are next to none available here, I have tried and tried again to no avail.

This has led me to look at other options.

Buying the big brands isn't really an option to me due to the costs.  The sound system will not be hired out and not be used every or every other weekend, it'll probably come out 4-6 times a year and the main intention is to bring a party to my local community not to be the biggest or baddest around. 

I'm not expecting to get something that matches or exceeds the big brands,  I was just hoping for some feedback (positive or negative) from people who have experience with the Chinese options.

I'm more interested in going for the non clone amps too.

Thanks again!
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 8:35am
For low mid freqs and above, would suggest, there are probably 4-5x China amp brands worth considering.

Sinbosen,
Admark,
Morin,
CVR,
Sanway.

Looking at brands that are not mentioned frequently on social media, and without buyer feedback is not recommended.

Some of these brands are more expensive, because they have better build parts. Sinbosen are great for this.
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2022 at 6:12pm
I wonder if those are real copper heatsinks or coloured anodised aluminium?

Edited by snowflake - 23 November 2022 at 6:28pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>