FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shermann GS bins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
yodominic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodominic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shermann GS bins
    Posted: 08 December 2022 at 10:11pm
Many thanks for all the info, very thankful for all the support I have received on this forum.

I did speak to Ken too and he said he said the business in 2013 and I believe the 21’’ subs are prototype and never went into full production.
alglw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alglw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2022 at 12:02pm
The Gs18c for sale are Faital pro 18hp1010.
The GS 21 are eighteen sound 21lw1400.
All are 8 ohms.
kevinmcdonough View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinmcdonough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2022 at 11:31am
Originally posted by concept-10 concept-10 wrote:

Google Blue Acoustic in Wales, ask for Ken Hughes, he designed your bins and will tell you what you need to know.

Shermann was actually sold on a few years ago now. Ken had contracted a company in Scotland to do the woodwork for him, and (if I remember right) later when he then wanted to move more into high end HiFi cabs and focus on Blue Acoustics, he sold the Shermann brand to them. 

More recently, one of those new guys themselves wanted to retire and the brand has moved on again, taken over by a friend of mine. He's just in the process of moving all the machinery over to a new unit and getting things set up, has plans for modernising the brand and designs a bit, trying to update a few things. 

In any case I'll give him a shout and see what info I can get, he'll still be happy to do his best to support customers who bought cabs in the time before he took over the brand. 

Kev

Edited by kevinmcdonough - 08 December 2022 at 1:02pm
yodominic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodominic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2022 at 6:46pm
Many thanks, will contact them in the morning 
concept-10 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote concept-10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2022 at 6:37pm
Google Blue Acoustic in Wales, ask for Ken Hughes, he designed your bins and will tell you what you need to know.
yodominic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodominic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2022 at 6:28pm
Hi All, have the opportunity to buy some Shermann bass bins, these are around 5-6 years old and are the painted version. The seller does not know what they are loaded with and think it’s 18Sound but I thought Shermann are generally loaded with with B&C or FaitalPro, does any one know

These are GS21 and GS18 cabs

Many thanks

Post Reply Post Reply