Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peak limiting for driver protection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Peak limiting for driver protection
    Posted: 20 January 2023 at 8:35pm

for a speaker that reaches xmax at a 1000W ,I would set a limiter treshold @500W and +6db until it reaches peak brick wall limiter. Then the coil would stay in its magnetic field even if someone starts playing live synths, raw sinewaves. I would not overheat also, I think.

Why bring more boxes if you can do the job with four, knowing exactly where the limit is.

jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2023 at 1:50pm
good i knew it was on hardrive sum where maybe useful to others Smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2023 at 12:45pm
@jammin75 got it, sorry
Jo bg View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jo bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2023 at 3:06pm
It is not haters. It is people sick of reading your wrong advice based upon surpassed knowledge, or your bashing of good information, just because you don't understand it.

It may be viable for you to work as it still was the seventies, and dismiss all the knowledge that is available nowadays, but you are harming all the newbies coming by and reading your posts when you push your old man tecnique as the only one.

It becomes ridicule when you try to reply Toasty while clearly not even understanding what you read....

Not a hater. Just someone sad for the disservice you are bringing to the comunity and you anti scintific approach... To science.
Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 6:35pm
@smitske

Yes there was a lot of port noise :) I thought I had designed the boxes improperly, bet when I concluded that they are taking a hell of a beating than the port noise stopped, and there were no more over excursion problems

And now recently, because I recenty concluded it was the attack time - at around 100hz the woofer made a really nasty cranking noise on the kick. with 10ms now its fine.
God must have been watching over me, thanks old man!
Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 6:29pm
In forums, not always you get a straight answer, but I believe a group of people thinking about the subject make the collective subconscious shift. In this case a local sound engineer and also a PA speaker designer helped. Actually I knew this already but we refreshed our memories and hopefully now the subs are safe and also have a optimistic spl
Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 6:26pm
I usually play around with these

Ben Buitendijk - Side StEPping

Ben Buitendijk - Near Mint [OBQ002]

Aleksi Perälä - Ovuca Bonus - 05 Stochastic Process

Aleksi Perälä - Ovuca Bonus - 07 Hydrophobic Effect

Aleksi Perälä - Ovuca Bonus - 03 Kinetic Theory

Oxia - Story

mathew_jonson-pirates_in_the_9th

Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 6:21pm
The track does not download

Could you put it up on wetransfer??
spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by snowflake snowflake wrote:

Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Haters are going to Hate LOL

At least Toastyghost tried to help. You on the other hand.... What did contribute to Augusts dilemma again? Clap

that's not really the issue. And frankly if people don't have a better answer than what others have posted it is better that they contribute NOTHING on that topic. I think you are being called out for persistently acting like a bit of  a know-it-all and dispensing advice to new members which doesn't really stand up to scrutiny - and then has to be corrected by others. You do make interesting posts now and then but often you seem to be afflicted by Dunning-Kruger.

I just read and observe on here unless I know (not believe) any comment would be constructive and helpful

For example, I know you not posting such drivel would be helpful, as apposed to believing it to be true
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 5:39pm

void 30hz test track if anyone wants Big smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Haters are going to Hate LOL

At least Toastyghost tried to help. You on the other hand.... What did contribute to Augusts dilemma again? Clap

that's not really the issue. And frankly if people don't have a better answer than what others have posted it is better that they contribute NOTHING on that topic. I think you are being called out for persistently acting like a bit of  a know-it-all and dispensing advice to new members which doesn't really stand up to scrutiny - and then has to be corrected by others. You do make interesting posts now and then but often you seem to be afflicted by Dunning-Kruger.

Edited by snowflake - 03 January 2023 at 5:25pm
Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 3:20pm
@Bob4 
It could have been something like this but I dont remember the exact track, but he has alot of stuff that could destroy subs.

Thanks for the Judgement track!

Edited by Augusts - 03 January 2023 at 3:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>