Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Peak limiting for driver protection

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2023 at 4:28pm
The problem was too long of an attack time for the Xilica DSP. I had set it to 20ms. I should have been 10ms, as it is crossed at a 100Hz

I like to limit everything because you newer know what kind of people are behind the decks and Im not a millionaire, I can't afford 50 L'acoustics subs.

I use what I build myself

spongebob View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spongebob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2023 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Elliot Thompson Elliot Thompson wrote:

Originally posted by toastyghost toastyghost wrote:

I give up. You don't seem to have built a speaker in a decade and are advocating using a basic broadband SPL meter, yet you're saying I'm the one lacking in experience developing modern loudspeaker DSP presets?

I'm not even going to waste my time trying to justify myself. If you truly think I'm just blindly copy & pasting stuff then you're either deluded or intentionally trolling at this point.

Or perhaps simply don’t read what others actually post before weighing in

Good luck with your limiting, Augusts.

Yes, Give up. You do not have any experience on the issue August is facing. It's that  simple! LOL

Best Regards, 

Please leave this forum Elliot, otherwise you'll drive others who have intelligent answers away
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2023 at 9:03pm
@August

What was the driver failure? 
Father-Francis View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Father-Francis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 11:11am
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

I give up. You don't seem to have built a speaker in a decade and are advocating using a basic broadband SPL meter, yet you're saying I'm the one lacking in experience developing modern loudspeaker DSP presets?

I'm not even going to waste my time trying to justify myself. If you truly think I'm just blindly copy & pasting stuff then you're either deluded or intentionally trolling at this point.

Yes, Give up. You do not have any experience on the issue August is facing. It's that  simple! LOL

Best Regards, 

Please leave this forum Elliot, otherwise you'll drive others who have intelligent answers away
Tell him now Bob 
Music is the strongest form of magic.(+45 31879997)blakmanpro@gmail.com, foa@sweetboxaudio.dk
Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 11:56am
@smitske The problem was with FaitalPro 18HP1030. Thankfully there was no failure but I heard the voicecoil hitting the backplate. Since then I thought that it was because I hadn limited the peak power on the amp which I did thus lowering also the rms. But after reading the articles here and talking to a few people I now know that it was the attack time and not the peaks. I set the peaks +6db as it should be

Edited by Augusts - 03 January 2023 at 11:57am
smitske96 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitske96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 1:15pm
Wasn't there any audible distortion before that point? Because it should definately be there.
Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 1:27pm
It was Muslimgauze his squarewave synth, since they never play something like that in the club, I discovered this while doing mh tests and it happened really fast
bob4 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bob4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Augusts Augusts wrote:

It was Muslimgauze his squarewave synth, since they never play something like that in the club, I discovered this while doing mh tests and it happened really fast

Which track? Need it for reference Tongue

For subbass testing, try to find "Judgement Dub" by Rog Mogale. It contains strong bass down to 30 Hz, and towards the end even deeper, iirc goes down to around 20 Hz 
Elliot Thompson View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elliot Thompson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by spongebob spongebob wrote:

Best Regards, 

Haters are going to Hate LOL

At least Toastyghost tried to help. You on the other hand.... What did contribute to Augusts dilemma again? Clap

Best Regards, 
Elliot Thompson
Augusts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augusts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 3:20pm
@Bob4 
It could have been something like this but I dont remember the exact track, but he has alot of stuff that could destroy subs.

Thanks for the Judgement track!

Edited by Augusts - 03 January 2023 at 3:22pm
snowflake View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowflake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 5:24pm

Haters are going to Hate LOL

At least Toastyghost tried to help. You on the other hand.... What did contribute to Augusts dilemma again? Clap

that's not really the issue. And frankly if people don't have a better answer than what others have posted it is better that they contribute NOTHING on that topic. I think you are being called out for persistently acting like a bit of  a know-it-all and dispensing advice to new members which doesn't really stand up to scrutiny - and then has to be corrected by others. You do make interesting posts now and then but often you seem to be afflicted by Dunning-Kruger.

Edited by snowflake - 03 January 2023 at 5:25pm
jammin75 View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jammin75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2023 at 5:39pm

void 30hz test track if anyone wants Big smile
feel the vibes !!!   "Who Feels it Knows it"            Strong like Lion              
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>