Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Plans > 1850 and 186 horns
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1850 plans using BWP18 driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DubOut18k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1850 plans using BWP18 driver
    Posted: 29 December 2022 at 1:28pm
Hi we are currently building x6 1850 bass bins.

We are looking at alternatives for the pd1850 and have been recommended the British made bishop audio BWP18, just thought I would get you thought on the the driver and see if any has done it before?

https://bishopsound.co.uk/products/18-1500w-rms-8-ohm-subwoofer-bass-speaker-cast-alloy-driver-with-faston-terminals-bwp18

Thanks 
slaz View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2022 at 1:36pm
[QUOTE=DubOut18k]H
[/QUOTE

... just reaching for the popcorn ...

OK well I'll post something. Anything to do with Bishopsound will be treated in here with a good deal of disdain/disapproval/mirth. The drivers are just cheapie Chinese ones.
REMEMBER....POLITICIANS AND DIAPERS SHOULD BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON
levyte357- View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote levyte357- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2022 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by slaz slaz wrote:

... just reaching for the popcorn ...

OK well I'll post something. Anything to do with Bishopsound will be treated in here with a good deal of disdain/disapproval/mirth. The drivers are just cheapie Chinese ones.

As requested, bit of disdain, and slice of mirth...

Global Depopulation - Alive and Killing.
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2022 at 7:50pm
They will be fine if he has any leftDisapprove

The driver is a copy of the 1850

The first driver was sent to me via courier for me to test and extract the true T/S parameters, because the ones on the 'BS' website are guessed.

The correct T/S are as follows...

Re: 5.48
Fs: 36.4
Qts: 0.306
Qes: 0.316
Qms: 10.64
Le: 1.22
Mms: 275.1
Vas: 270.6
SPL: 98.03
Mykey Wattco
KidCreole View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KidCreole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2022 at 8:07pm
A quick note to any buyers of this driver

If you are going to purchase this driver please make sure that they are the second batch (container load)

I was asked to QC the driver and the first thing that I noticed was that the Chinese manufacturers were lazy and had made the cone kit's up first then glued them into the baskets

Why is this a problem?

You could end up with a perfectly flat cloth surround and a sunken spider, or vice versa

The second fault I found was the pole piece mesh was too fine 

Apart from this, they were well worth the money of £180  at the time just before BS lockdowns, if you could find any without the spider and surround problems that is.
Mykey Wattco
 Post Reply Post Reply