Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So are there any good DIY designs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meat Substitute Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2023 at 7:51am
I had Omnitop12s. The idea was great, the size was great, the weight was highly convenient. Just a shame about the sound.
Requiem View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Requiem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2023 at 8:05am
The plans for the WSX sub are widely available and they run really well with the standard Void V18. They sound great. Not sure if you would call it a DIY design as originally Martin Audio but its available for anyone to build due to its age.

Hog scoops, as mentioned, are pretty impressive. I dont particularly like the muddy bass of them but for sheer output they are hard to beat with many other DIY bins.

Punishers are pretty awesome for the size, a one man lift and have a real high output for a single 12" sub. 

Invaders too, are pretty good. maybe not the best but I like them

Even G-subs have a really high output and sound nice, but are better for indoor venues and not very good at outdoor or covering large crowds. Everyone slates reflex but I think thats just because they are 'boring' builds, you cant go wrong with a good reflex rig up close.

As for upper bass, the USB or the ES18 are pretty good cabs.

Tops, I have a soft spot for Xtro's but if you want ease of build and loading then the MT121 does the job great.

All have their downsides obviously as does any cab but cant really go wrong with those if they are loaded, set up and powered properly.

Edited by Requiem - 19 January 2023 at 8:06am
www.requiem-soundsystem.com

Custom Martin Audio WSX, USB & CSG Soundsystem based in Bristol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12