Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quick amp query

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quick amp query
    Posted: 22 January 2023 at 4:34pm
Has anybody tried these amps?  I'm thinking of going class D and the specs look good...
The THD includes noise 

n.b all his other stuff looks descent 

Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2023 at 9:07am
The specs really mean little. You'd want to see what's inside. Ask the guy to open one up and send/post pictures of the internals - but even that isn't a total guarantee.

See if he gives any kind of guarantee, or replacement deal - like the 3 years Thomann gives.

That would be far more important.

Earplugs Are For Wimps!
teeth View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2023 at 12:51pm
yea i saw these. i would probably pass. very little chat online unlike admark sanway etc

warranty is a good point tbh. if it exists could be worth it
Steve20131 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2023 at 4:44pm
Ok,  thanks for the replies.  I've asked so see how it goes
Regards
Earplug View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Earplug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2023 at 4:51pm
Yeah, good luck.

The guy does seem to have a decent feedback record, so may be legit. Let us know!   Smile
Earplugs Are For Wimps!
APC321 View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote APC321 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2023 at 6:00pm
As the amplifier is listed on ebay you would get 180 days protection if you bought it using Paypal.

You may say that 180 days is no protection at all compared to a three year warranty, but electrical items all follow the "Bathtub Curve":

https://ibb.co/NTfhJfv

With electric items, if they are going to fail, they will tend to fail within a fairly short period, rather than the failure rate being linear with time which you might expect.

This is why manufacturers can afford to give longer warranties that look very impressive, knowing that they are unlikely to get many returns after this initial period.

Personally I would not worry too much about a longer warranty.

If you want a 1u amp of that power rating and you think that the price is reasonble then buy it and use it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2023 at 6:03pm
Hi,  the guy did not seem to want to show photos,  to quote "Sorry never had any problems and no of the 78 sold so far had problems, I personally never open one"

It's possible he just buys and sells stuff.    Without buying one I think it's difficult to say and at £300 I won't chance it.  Thanks for your help

N.b I did manage to get this photo (best I could find) 

kedwardsleisure View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kedwardsleisure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2023 at 6:49pm
Kevin

North Staffordshire

yodominic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yodominic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 10:09am
To be honest instead of buying from eBay and taking risk you might as well buy it directly from Alibaba, it’s a simple process and you can make payment via PayPal too.

I have seen some ppl use Sanway amps and most of these are Lab copies and they are pretty happy with this and even run them at 2ohms on subs all night

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve20131 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2023 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by yodominic yodominic wrote:

To be honest instead of buying from eBay and taking risk you might as well buy it directly from Alibaba, it’s a simple process and you can make payment via PayPal too.

Thanks everybody.  

I'm in between.  It's all down to if the specs are correct.  Looking at other products either they make or say they can make,  crosstalk, thd+n, slew, s/n ratio seem to be identical across AB, H & TD classes.  In most cases there will be differences (from what I've read).   Almost looks like they make stuff and don't really understand it.  Although the layouts are tidy.  I am tempted to buy more t.amp S-150's and use in bridge mode.  It will be more expensive and less watts but I think I know what it will sound like for sure.

n.b Trying different listings yielded a sample for £140 including postage.  I will have a think for a while and if I order will show some pics

Again thanks for replies

yodominic View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yodominic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 January 2023 at 2:22am
Always choose a reputable supplier even though they are all manufactured in China, there’s vast difference in quality etc, generally they are good at shipping quickly and response times are super fast
 Post Reply Post Reply