Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

EV Deltamax bandpass bass.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EV Deltamax bandpass bass.
    Posted: 18 February 2023 at 9:48pm
Does anyone have any knowledge of the deltamax slot loaded band pass boxes. 

I was helping that lad on fb who had 6 mtl's and 6 of the same production services tops that I used to have. I knew my mate had a pair of the bass bins so asked him what model they were. 

As you do, I now own a pair of the deltamax 2181? Not the mtl.

Firstly, is there a difference in the two boxes as they look the same and secondly does anyone have any knowledge of them as in do they think they are ok. Ran them up on a small amp amd they seem to work OK. 

These boxes came out of the crucible in Shefield aparently. 
In bass no one can hear you scream!
FOO View Drop Down
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FOO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2023 at 6:10am
It's the same box. They came with EV DL18MT drivers, and they suck. 
Later they came with EV EVX180.. massive improvement. 
But remember, these enclosures are not designed to go loud. They sound great, but not loud compared to many other dual 18".

Be sure to process them correctly or else you can very quickly smoke your coils or cones. 
csg View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2023 at 7:14am
Used to have a fair pile.

As above the 2181 came as standard with DL18MT, the EVX were first offered as standard on the MTL2, then as an option on the 2181.

The cabs are identical other than finish (carpet/paint) and flyware.

Output wise, they were OK at the time. We ran them with PI series stadium speakers which had a 15” EVX on a tapped horn with a large format 10” and 2” horn above. The EVX loaded MTL just about kept up with the bass, neither could keep up with the mid or high. And that was in the 90’s were bass lines are no were near as demanding.
“The fact is this is about identifying what we do best and finding more ways of doing less of it better”
midas View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2023 at 12:03pm
Thanks guys. 

CSG, I think I found a post you commented on a couple of years ago where you posted some EV catalogues. 

These won't be used on paid gigs, they are just for my amusement and maybe a few mates gigs in the summer. I am going to run them off a Peavy cs1200x. They will be under a pair of Community Sonus 3594 run off a PPX900. With modern processing, dbmark. 

In bass no one can hear you scream!
 Post Reply Post Reply