Speakerplans.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RDCARSHOW RDF6R 6" Horn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Young Croc
Young Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Risc_Terilia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RDCARSHOW RDF6R 6" Horn
    Posted: 26 February 2023 at 5:28pm
Hi, does anyone have any experience with this 6" horn?  Thinking about it to go between a MT121 12" horn and a 1"
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2023 at 11:32pm
I tried a 6.5" horn above an MT121 12" with a 1" above and the 6.5" had really difficulty keeping up with the SPL level from the 12". Ultimately I ended up switching to a high sensitivity 10" to fill the gap between the 12" & the 1"
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
cravings View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cravings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 12:46am
what 6.5" did you try, out of curiosity?

and the one linked above... i'm no expert, but wouldn't it be a waveguide, rather than a horn, with no compression?

i may be wrong about that..
fat_brstd View Drop Down
Old Croc
Old Croc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat_brstd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2023 at 10:42am
I tried a similar waveguide with a celestion closed back driver, it was actually the top section out of a qsc kw153 and it had no chance when paired with a pd123er in an mt121 12" section. Designed to keep up with a low power reflex 15" that can hit 40hz not a high power horn loaded mid box.
Adrians Wall Sound System
Melbournes Rootical Warrior
Roots - Dub - Steppers

facebook page
 Post Reply Post Reply